NED Here I Come!!!!

SCrazy

SCCoA Member
Jumped out of work early.....on my way to NED its going to be a real nice night so I assu.e its going to be PACKED but what the heck

Good luck! We're taking the Marauder to MIR to see what she's got. I pulled an all nighter to get the converter from my car into the marauder. Locks up nice and tight now.

Good luck! We're taking the Marauder to MIR to see what she's got. I pulled an all nighter to get the converter from my car into the marauder. Locks up nice and tight now.

I would be interesting to see how that works out too.

Ira

So far so good. Tweeking here and there. Meth is not coming on for some reason so cant mess with trying to get the iats down. Blower is making 25psi.

We made it back. Was a good night... nuttin broke, trans shifted like it should. Little disappointed in the ET but we'll get there. Need to make the IC system more efficient or get the meth working. Was seeing 165* temps and only a measly 16* timing . Pulled 127mph at 6900 rpm thru the traps. So that was pretty exciting. Best ET was 10.85 and best 60' was 1.555. Good things were the trans temp was in check and the 170* t stat was awesome.

Oh yeah and the PVC system keep all the oil in the pan and not coming out the dipstick undaer all that boost.

Last edited:
Well........

10.66 @ 127
10.605 @ 128 1.50 60'

Third pass released the trans break and something went boom. Think it was in the tranny but I can't pull it until tomorrow. Funny feeling sitting at the line on the trans break car roaring and shaking let off the magic button, loud boom, car stalls and all is quiet I think I rolled about 50 feet.

Well........

10.66 @ 127
10.605 @ 128 1.50 60'

Third pass released the trans break and something went boom. Think it was in the tranny but I can't pull it until tomorrow. Funny feeling sitting at the line on the trans break car roaring and shaking let off the magic button, loud boom, car stalls and all is quiet I think I rolled about 50 feet.

Hate to hear that Brian I hope you can get it fixed

Well........

10.66 @ 127
10.605 @ 128 1.50 60'

Ewwwh, that's not fun. I've done that back in the day with some other cars. In lots of ways it's a little unnerving feeling and um :eek:. I'm sure you'll get it pulled and fixed before the shoot out Right?

What were the 60ft times on the other passes?

Well........

10.66 @ 127
10.605 @ 128 1.50 60'

That thing is ROLLIN! What did the rest of the slip look like?

Assuming its the trans we'll get it fixed no problem......as casey would say work will get done.

Must have been those sticky slicks finding a weak link.

Both runs 60' was in the 1.50s.....ill post up the rest od the slip later

The failure was very much like yours last year. I think its going to be a little more pricey fix though.

Well.....output shaft on the C4 is broken.

I'll take it to Dynamic Racing Transmission tomorrow and I'm sure they can turn it around for me in a few days. The transmission was one of their Mighty Mite series models....I guess I'm going to need a Mighty..er Mite.

Back