Took my truck to the track

jludorf

I was bored tonight so I took my new truck to the track. I purchased a 2013 with the ecoboost. I only ordered 3.55 gears so it is not very quick off the line but managed a 16.103@ 86.54. After loading a premium fuel tune I managed a best of 15.620@86.86.

Took me a few tries and the truck was heat soaked as I forgot to turn off the traction control a couple times. For a 6000lb truck at 2400 ft above sea level I am pretty happy with the result but I miss my sc. I found spooling up the turbo to 2 k at the line had better accel time but wheel spin cost me. Ended up the best times were in awd.

All my runs beat my stock 90 and 94 automatics scs.
John

Is it a quad cab 4x4?

I have a 2wd regular cab short box Hemi with 3.55 gears. My best run on a prepped track is 14.6@96mph. On a hot day on a podunk track with no vht I ran a 14.9 and a bunch of 15.1's and 15.2's.

I have been itching to race an EcoBoost since everyone talks all this smack about how they whoop on Hemi trucks but I haven't seen one run faster than my truck at my track yet regardless of 2wd or 4wd. I've also seen other Hemi quad cab 4x4's run 15.70's so I guess I can see those being good races for the EcoBoost trucks but until that Tremor (reg cab short bed 2wd ecoboost w/ 4.10 gear) comes out I don't think I'm going to have any trouble walking away from Eco's on the streets around here.

And I haven't even started modding my truck yet other than cosmetic stuff like de-badging and tint. I did open up the exhaust but that's it.

Hopefully in the spring if I get a decent tax return I'll have an intake, ported throttle body, tune, 3200 stall, valve body upgrade, headers, a nitrous kit, and 17's w/ drag radials. I want to do 4.56 gears but I don't want to lose the gas mileage, however these 3.55's are too long. The 17's w/ 28" drag radial should effectively make it seem like 4.30's though since I have 33" tires on my 20's.

Last edited:
Is it a quad cab 4x4?

I have a 2wd regular cab short box Hemi with 3.55 gears. My best run on a prepped track is 14.6@96mph. On a hot day on a podunk track with no vht I ran a 14.9 and a bunch of 15.1's and 15.2's.

I have been itching to race an EcoBoost since everyone talks all this smack about how they whoop on Hemi trucks but I haven't seen one run faster than my truck at my track yet regardless of 2wd or 4wd. I've also seen other Hemi quad cab 4x4's run 15.70's so I guess I can see those being good races for the EcoBoost trucks but until that Tremor (reg cab short bed 2wd ecoboost w/ 4.10 gear) comes out I don't think I'm going to have any trouble walking away from Eco's on the streets around here.

And I haven't even started modding my truck yet other than cosmetic stuff like de-badging and tint. I did open up the exhaust but that's it.

Hopefully in the spring if I get a decent tax return I'll have an intake, ported throttle body, tune, 3200 stall, valve body upgrade, headers, a nitrous kit, and 17's w/ drag radials. I want to do 4.56 gears but I don't want to lose the gas mileage, however these 3.55's are too long. The 17's w/ 28" drag radial should effectively make it seem like 4.30's though since I have 33" tires on my 20's.

Don't forget Scott, the times posted for the Eco Boost are at 2400 feet. What is the elevation of the track you ran the Hemi?

how fast is it? What's it weigh? I know John's truck is heavy plus 4x4 where mine is light so its not as fair as a comparison.

13.83 at 99.59, but everyone was slow that night. Like 92% humidity. Weighs in at close to 5000. I have the weight I took off the scales someplace.

The truck is a crew cab 4wd with a 6.5' box plus i had a passenger so it is a tank but still happy based on what it is. I was speaking with a guy with a similar truck and he was running 14.7 stock last fall but the temperature and humidity was a problem. he added exhaust but was only running 15.4 so he was quite a bit slower. He has 3.73s too. I was told at the dealer they are running 13s with an extended cab 2wd short box truck with the same air kit, tuner plus exhaust. it is the Motorsport parts guys truck. I should be around 400hp on mine with the tuner. Traction was my biggest issue it would just spin. I hope to have a crack at a hemi crew cab as my welder want to give it a try with his truck.

I kept spinning in 2wd and I kept forgetting to turn off the traction control. Finally put it in 4wd to get the better run but it was heat soaked. I might try again this weekend if the

Back