35th Anniversary registry closing down

Thanks for the heads up. Although the list probably isn't current, a piece of Super Coupe history is being lost. It would be interesting to see how many people on the list still own their cars. Maybe the registry can be recreated in the future.

Both of mine are listed on there. Lots of good information on there too. Guess I'll be printing it out for future reference.

I often refer back to it for snippets of technical info. Can we ask him to burn the site to a CD or something? Rather than try to save all the webpages one by one?

I just found a program called PageNest. It downloaded the entire website to a file on my computer that can be browsed offline. Just clicked though the links and it seems to have downloaded the entire page.

Be careful though because it by default tried to get you to install a couple of browser addons and change your internet homepage. Read during the installation and check/uncheck the appropriate boxes as necessary.

Sccoa should buy the information for a reasonable value, and transfer the registry over to a link able page hosted by sccoa.com

Sccoa should buy the information for a reasonable value, and transfer the registry over to a link able page hosted by sccoa.com

Sounds like a good idea, but right from the announcement:

None of the information will be sold, bartered, or otherwise released to anyone, for the sake of personal security and safety. The world is a different place today than when the Registry started.
Any information found in the pages of this website will be secured and removed.

That site was a good resource….thanks to those that made it available.

Last edited:
I just checked the website and I get the "403 Forbidden" message.

The information that was there has been really helpful.
I'm glad I printed off most of the technical articles that were there.

Thanks to Lance for all his hard work over the years to keep that info there for us.

I just checked the website and I get the "403 Forbidden" message.

The information that was there has been really helpful.
I'm glad I printed off most of the technical articles that were there.

Thanks to Lance for all his hard work over the years to keep that info there for us.

I'm glad I saved all of the pages as soon as I saw this post.

For anyone that saved the site could you possibly pm a copy to me? I was planning on doing it today since I have been so busy:mad:

Hello.

Well. Oops? I guess I misjudged the impact this registry has had on people. when I get an email from Germany asking about what's going on, I guess it's time to listen. I turn 60 in OCT and have been doing some life reevaluating. What happens if I died, that sort of thing. Sort of felt like I had not done much with this thing that it wouldn't be missed. Archive.org and all that. :)

So let me just offer my apologies for any inconvenience I may have caused. I will restore the Registry very soon. There won't be much addition of information probably but I have some updates to perform on it, minor ones. Mainly the public members pages are being removed from the website and the personal information will just be kept in the Registry files. Much of the member information is probably out of date anyway but such is the nature of registries. Also soon this and my other websites will be moving to another hosting service. Hopefully that will be a seamless endeavor.

Again my apologies to everyone here and all who have expressed concern. I did not intend to alarm anyone.

I wish all the best to everyone.

Lance A. Morgan, Adminstrator
35th Anniversary Thunderbird Registry

Hello.

Well. Oops? I guess I misjudged the impact this registry has had on people. when I get an email from Germany asking about what's going on, I guess it's time to listen. I turn 60 in OCT and have been doing some life reevaluating. What happens if I died, that sort of thing. Sort of felt like I had not done much with this thing that it wouldn't be missed. Archive.org and all that. :)

So let me just offer my apologies for any inconvenience I may have caused. I will restore the Registry very soon. There won't be much addition of information probably but I have some updates to perform on it, minor ones. Mainly the public members pages are being removed from the website and the personal information will just be kept in the Registry files. Much of the member information is probably out of date anyway but such is the nature of registries. Also soon this and my other websites will be moving to another hosting service. Hopefully that will be a seamless endeavor.

Again my apologies to everyone here and all who have expressed concern. I did not intend to alarm anyone.

I wish all the best to everyone.

Lance A. Morgan, Adminstrator
35th Anniversary Thunderbird Registry

Thanks Lance, if you need anything myself as well as a few others I am sure would be glad to help. Thanks for keeping it alive!:D

Hey Lance..

Lance if you need anything let me know. From a guy who has more 35th than the rest of the world...lol I have always liked this site. I know that I only have three listed, but I do have a bunch more. If you want the vin's from them let me know as well. Thanks again for all you have done for this car and thanks in advance for all the rest you will be doing....Rich

The registry might be cool and all. But what's it is important is the 35th specific information that the site holds.
I have not registered but I've used the site for the info.

a site like this is great info and to have someone who is able to keep up on it is great as long as the car owners do their part.
My father in law belongs to the Studebaker club and they have a registry for the cab over trucks well they did a write up in the news letter about them and one of the '37 trucks had gone missing well my father in law bought it a couple years ago and didnt know about the registry and contacted them found out he has 1 of 35 left to exist and only about 10 are drive-able including his.
So right now it might seem like a lot of work but in the future it will be a huge asset

Has anyone been in contact with Lance? Or have any contact info? I tried sending a PM but no response for quite some time.

Still looking for some help reaching Lance. I'm aware there's an SC facebook community. I'm not on social media so, if anyone in the facebook group can help in any way, it would be greatly appreciated.

Back