RCV performance Chromoly outer axles

smith181992

Ok guys, Like neverfastenough's previous thread from a while back, I have spoke with an engineer at RCV performance and he has agreed to discounting us some 28 spline 4340 chromoly outer axles. Since that seems to be what every one keeps breaking, I think this will be a much better alternative than the $1,700 axles from DSS. I know the outers is what I keep breaking anyways. Here are a couple pics of the product:

From neverfastenough's thread(hope he doesn't mind)

192BAF23-4292-47BF-A9EF-3E2B561E2BEF-365-000000C4F7E3900D_zps27e22860.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Finishedsetp_zps2db9db79.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The way I would like to do this, to make it easier on me, is to get a count on who wants a set of these, then I'll call the engineer and judging by how many people we get to buy them, the bigger the discount. Right now these are $210 a side, the more people we get, the bigger the discount will be! He has already told me that if we get 10-15 orders, we will get a 10% discount, and they will get cheaper from there. When we are ready to buy, I will set up an open and close date with Paul at RCV, and you can call him and tell him your with SCCOA, and you will receive the discount. This makes it easier on me, the company, and yourselves. Lets get a count started guys because they are ready for some orders!

Do these function as the ball bearings distributing the load applied? As opposed to the 3 rollers inside our current CV joints? I'm having a hard time seeing how/what this replaces.

Do these function as the ball bearings distributing the load applied? As opposed to the 3 rollers inside our current CV joints? I'm having a hard time seeing how/what this replaces.

These are a stock replacement for our outer CV joints on our axles. You disassemble your stock axle and install this outer in place of your current stock one. Most of us are breaking the outers at the shaft goes into our hub. These are virtually unbreakable

Sorry guys, I have been busy and should have kept this bumped to the top of the page. But yes, this is still on, I can get us a discount as soon as we reach 15 or more people committed. I only have 5 committed at this time including me for a set.

In

I'm in for a set. These will be a perfect backup just in case mine goes out after all my 'little' upgrades occur.

Very interested in this. Need to have some idea on timing b4 I can commit. Approximately when will this happen?

Thanks
Adam

Very interested in this. Need to have some idea on timing b4 I can commit. Approximately when will this happen?

Thanks
Adam

We are currently at 7 sets if everyone that said they are in only buys one set. A couple have said they may be in for more than one. We have to have a 10 set minimun to get a group buy. So if you are in for a set, PM me with how many sets you want, and your first and last name so I can get an official commited count. This will happen as soon as we can 10 sets commited. I'm looking to set it up towards the end of January or beginning of February, but if we can't get at least 10, the buy will be on hold until we do.

Thanks guys,
Ben

We are now at 8 sets, but I see that madmikey and Dave said they may be in for more than one set. Dave and Mikey, if you are both in for 2 sets, that will make 10 and we can go ahead and set a date for the group buy. As soon as I get 10 sets, I can set it for any date you guys like, you 2 just let me know if you are in for more than one. Thanks, Ben

Unfortunately right now with recovering from the holidays, I am going to have to stick to 1 set. If anything changes and I can swing a second set, I will post it here.

Same here, I can't even afford one set right now, I'm just counting you guys right now. Hopefully I'll be able to get a set before the group buy is over. I've sank all of my money into a 4 valve swap and it's not gonna do me any good because I'm just gonna snap more axles. Lol

Bump to top to get some more interest/visibility :D

We getting any closer? Looking at a stroker motor from Mr Dalke, and don't want to have both bills come due at the same time :eek:

Please let me know our status
Thanks

Adam

Back