Power steering pressure switch

baaaaaah

Well turns out that it is not in stock. Unfortunately I am now waiting for them to refund my money. I looked around and called the local yard and coming up empty. I would like to drive this car without leaving huge puddles every place I go. Not to mention having to invest in fluid the way I am

Last edited:
Well turns out that it is not in stock. Unfortunately I am now waiting for them to refund my money. I looked around and called the local yard and coming up empty. I would like to drive this car without leaving huge puddles every place I go. Not to mention having to invest in fluid the way I am

Use the plug and O-ring idea (I thought it was 3/8 SAE thread myself, but eh) and leave the ARC switch disconnected.

It firms the shocks up in case of a panic stop ... and most folks with the ARC just leave it on firm anyway!

RwP

Pressure switch

I have a 1995 SC. I believe this switch is what is causing my car to nearly stall when I turn the wheel sharply when pulling into or out of a parking spot. Where is the this "switch" located? I have a Ford Service manual and it does not show it. I'm sure it is near the PS reservoir somewhere. Anyone have pictures?

Thanks

The switch referred to here actually has nothing to do with the steering. It measures brake pressure. However, it was built on the same line as, and looks just like, power steering switches, so it is often mis-listed.

Many Ford cars from this era do have a power steering pressure switch, but I don't think the Thunderbird had one.

switch.jpg
does anyone have a photo that I can compare others to? plug end and thread end? Any help would be great

Photo of the pressure switch attached. I couldn't find one. Put a short bolt with an o-ring in place of the switch. The car (our stock SC) stays in firm mode full time, which we like anyway.

Back