Fellow Indiana sc'er broke down coming home from the shootout in Kentucky

mywhite89

Mike Wallace broke a harmonic balancer today on his way home from the shootout. He is in Walton Kentucky and had the car towed to some small shop out there. If anyone stayed over night or is in the area to help, mikes number is 260-515-7325. He will be leaving his car to be fixed it sounds like. Wish I could have made the event, we would have convoy'd together.

Chris homan

I saw that getting loaded on a roll back on the side of the highway in the rain. Didn't have enough time to get over and stop but since the tow truck was there I figured he at least had a phone and was able to call. I didn't know who it was as I went by in traffic.

That's a bad component to break. Hopefully he can get a bhj and do it right or he'll be doing it again soon. If the bolt broke in the crank then he's going to give some shop a severe headache trying to figure it out.

yeah Matt said he saw someone on the side but couldn't get stopped and it was pouring so conditions were not safe:(

Sounds like the rubber between the steel of the balancer dry-rotted and broke apart. He ended up getting his son to come all the way down and give him a ride home Sunday night, then rented a u-haul and picked it up last night. The worst things always seem to happen in the rain.

chris

Last edited:
Let me know if he has trouble finding a place to get it fixed I can be in walton with a trailer in an hour.
Alan

I also have a truck and trailer within an hour...I missed this post, sorry! ....I made the offer to assist anyone......Dan

Thanks guys, he didn't know anyone's number other than mine. He wanted me to tell all thanks who tried to help.

Chris

Last edited:
Back