Fiberglass MN12 Doors

Doors can be ordered

Ok, the doors are a GO. They are sold as Race car or Show car parts only. They are not approved for street duty due to side impact reasons. The price is $1070.00 per set plus shipping. Shipping will be somewhere in the $120-180 range per John Temple. Also it does not appear that a discount will be offered on a large run of doors.

Looks like a time frame of 6-8 weeks on the doors.

Contact John Temple at temple performance cars to order.

John Temple
Temple Performance Cars
(770)722-2587

Speaking from experience these doors have held up very well over the years. They are a bit of a pain to align but they fit well and stay in place. I too wonder about side impact but am very careful and observant while driving. A roll cage is in the future. As for the weight savings, I can just barely pick up an empty stock door shell. I can hoist 2 of the fiberglass doors over my head. The original power window unit fits right in as do all of the guides, seals, panels, and latch/lock. You won't get that on an Hairy Glass door. I get no water leakage on mine either. The only problem is they aren't as rigid and rattle a bit with the window down.

The Doors are ready to order

Those interested in the race doors, they are looking for orders. Shipping should be in the $130.00 range for a pair of doors.See earlier post for order info.

Waiting for a major payment on a completed project before I can make a move here. Hopefully this coming week.

Those interested in the race doors, they are looking for orders. Shipping should be in the $130.00 range for a pair of doors.See earlier post for order info.

Is this a one time run of doors or are they going to be offered on an ongoing basis?

I may be interested in the spring, are there any thoughts of a fiberglass dash or lightweight glass for the doors? Because I liek the stock appearance on my 97 I wonder how hard it would be to get a stock appearing fiberglass hood, has anyone ever seen one?
Alan

I've had a VFN stock-style 96-97 hood on my car for 5 years now. Saved 31 pounds over a steel 94 hood.

I suspect that John can make a set anytime he gets an order for some so I wouldn't worry too much. He would probably sell the molds to someone that wanted to take over making them.

I may be interested in the spring, are there any thoughts of a fiberglass dash or lightweight glass for the doors? Because I liek the stock appearance on my 97 I wonder how hard it would be to get a stock appearing fiberglass hood, has anyone ever seen one?
Alan

Vfn does make a stock flat glass hood

My doors arrived Friday. They look very nice. They were crated and wrapped very well. They were shipped truck freight.

Let the fitting begin. :D

They look good I can tell you that. It looks like they may have added some reinforcement to the outside skin to help it from warping. But I don't know what Puckett's look like inside.

Back