What are they really worth

92RED

I see several SC's for sale and no action on them.
I've got an unmolested red 1992 automatic that I might sell.
I've owned it since Sept 94 and it's never seen snow in that time and always garage kept. It's got a very clean half cloth black interior with zero rips or cracks. No sun roof but just about everything else and it all works. Recent ac compressor and alternator. Front ARC shocks. New rad and head gaskets about 20 K's ago.
The odo shows 265,000. Engine replaced buy Ford at 125,000.
A used tranny went in in the last 10 K's.
The car is located just south of Tottenham.
Any opinions on it's value would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading
Henry.

values

Well as much as we love these cars, they aren't worth much now or yet.
The old car market in my opinion has really peaked and is on its way down (maybe not for the really extreme stuff) but I would say for the 60's, 70's muscle cars and the rarer more modern unique cars like Fox Mustangs, Thunderbird SC's, Dodge/"shelby" turbos, Grand National's (I"m sure I am missing a few worth of mention)
Some of us have a 'problem' we keep looking for them on the internet need'm or not - I have a super clean 92' Red drove it daily this summer and love it, BUT I STILL Like Looking at'm, my wife says I can look but not touch....
I would say locally once or twice a year a nominal value for a SUPER clean one, unmodified would be $5k-$6k - however finding somone to pay this is a VERY long process. Me, Bruce, Al - maybe all have our fill!
Your description is basically HIGH Km's which most of us don't care about as it is rust and 'clean' that counts. I would have to guess that if you got $2k-$2.5k you would be that might be a reasonable expectation, but it may take a year to do that.
If mine dissappeared I would pay $6k-$10k at the drop of a hat if I found a suitable showroom quality car.
It is embarrasing to note that I just got a Grand Caravan end of lease for the winter and I think it is 260 or so HP, with 6 speed auto, and room for all my toys!
my cents.....

Your car looks real nice. Especially for the K's.
Shoot me a PM with your address, I travel to Alliston a few times/week for work so I could pop by and have a look.

Thanks
Drew

I see several SC's for sale and no action on them.
I've got an unmolested red 1992 automatic that I might sell.
I've owned it since Sept 94 and it's never seen snow in that time and always garage kept. It's got a very clean half cloth black interior with zero rips or cracks. No sun roof but just about everything else and it all works. Recent ac compressor and alternator. Front ARC shocks. New rad and head gaskets about 20 K's ago.
The odo shows 265,000. Engine replaced buy Ford at 125,000.
A used tranny went in in the last 10 K's.
The car is located just south of Tottenham.
Any opinions on it's value would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading
Henry.

still available if anyone is interested.
I rarely drive it, no time
henry at 416-347-4347, talk or text

Back