Thread: swap engine

swap engine

hi all Im new on this forum .I have a t-bird sc 1993 my engine blow. i just whant no if i can swap with a 302 v8 carburetor in my car,thanks

I'm sure this is possible. I would try posting in the proper sub forum and see who chimes in. Why not try and find another 3.8L to swap in? I'm sure this would be a much easier route to go. Welcome to SCCOA. I'm a new member myself.

Smile you can put anything under the hood.

Quote Originally Posted by jonathanwolf View Post
    hi all Im new on this forum .I have a t-bird sc 1993 my engine blow. i just whant no if i can swap with a 302 v8 carburetor in my car,thanks
    These cars are bigger than people think. You could put a big block ford or chevy under the hood. I know I have done a few different engines into these cars. As long as you are going carb it is a cake walk to do....Rich
    Too many cars,too little time to drive them. Anything less than 500 cubes is a small block. If you slow down in life you will get run over..

Quote Originally Posted by pro street rich View Post
    These cars are bigger than people think. You could put a big block ford or chevy under the hood. I know I have done a few different engines into these cars. As long as you are going carb it is a cake walk to do....Rich
    BELIEVE IT! I am working on a BBF/T56 combo. Carb would be waaayyy easy! I'm shooting the EFI route myself on an early carb engine. Good luck and welcome!
    MikeH

you will need 91-93 Tbird 5.0L motor mounts, radiator too although a 4.6L radiator might work. you might also need to get the timing cover and waterpump from a 91-93 tbird 5.0L, due to clearances between pulley and radiator. Ford used a shorter waterpump design on these cars.