SWB weekend workshop????

Auto Doug

What???? you might be asking! Well we had a potential customer schedule in his Thunderbird SC for a (SWB conversion) Short Wheel base. But plans changed for him and it is now on hold. So I got to thinking, I host some weekend work shops now and then for local guys to come in and learn custom metal work on an old VW bug or a 61 dodge Lancer, just anything I feel like saving from the crusher. We bring in about 7 to 9 guys for the two day event, feed breakfast & lunch and have a lot of fun and the guys all learn some helpful tips and gain some skills. So maybe some of you Super Coupe nuts would possibly be open to the idea of coming in for a weekend of chop cut redesign on a MN12 platform SC. Just an Idea??? I'll let you guys mill it around amongst yourself s and get back to me. I don't get on this sight very often so any interest just call 402 474 2344 and we can disuses it further if any interest arises. We of course will need a car and willing person that would like to have his SC modified in such away at a discounted cost, I'll even let them decide the length of the cut from 4 to 8 inches, this way it will be truly a one off custom SC.

My shop is located in Lincoln, Neb. 45 minutes from the Omaha airport I could have guys fly in meet at a set time and shuttle to Lincoln, hotels are within walking distance, plenty of evening entertainment and two world class automotive Museums just around the corner of my shop for an evening out. Just an idea that might be fun for all !

regards,
Doug Kielian
Auto Kraft body and paint inc.
Lincoln, Nebraska

Attachments

• img069.jpg
    img069.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 238
  • img065.jpg
    img065.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 227
  • img073.jpg
    img073.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 229
  • img068.jpg
    img068.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 230
  • DSC00040.JPG
    DSC00040.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 254
I would definitely be down for helping out with a SWB conversion. Unfortunately I don't have the funds to do my own car right now, but as long as I have enough notice to be able to book a flight and hotel, I would love to be a part of this.

Wow what an opportunity!

I would have loved to volunteer my old 89 which got rear ended. It coulda been saved with a SWB conversion but I just couldn't afford it at the time.

Thanks for the offer man!

I was thinking about it. Would need to happen after April though. SO we will see. Unless someone else goes for it

So to bring up a somewhat old thread here, can we seriously do this? I talked to Doug and he is willing if we are. This would be a really awesome opportunity. What we need now is interest, and by the looks of this thread, it seems to be out there.

Back