Supercoupe from Europe/ help needed

RoomstaT-bird

Hello. First of all... Im from Estonia, small country in europe. so sorry for bad english.
but im owning an 90´s Supercoupe. In Estonia there is only 3 of those. so there arent many people with knowhow and so.
i bought the car few months ago and so far i love every mile with it.
i dont know a lot about it yet. but it has highflow exhaust witch is very loud.
under the hood there is Cold Air Intake installed and on a supercharge pulley, there is written " 5% performance" is that a performance pulley or original?
i dont know what else to write about im just getting to know this car.
unfortunatelly i already crashed it too.. with a front end. nothing serious. but some parts needed.
here are some photos and video for you
1_1234_zps59f18275.jpg

1_3_zps286eac88.jpg

1236653_10151834488706941_1740956180_n.jpg

1239560_10151834490431941_111250008_n.jpg

with my friend´s shelby
1239633_10151838218616941_865380098_n.jpg

and a lil burnout vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euVIoeiivnA

Last edited:
Welcome, nice ride and thanks for posting the video and pics... These cars are alot of fun. I am curious, how did you come across the supercoupe? Were you specifically looking for one or did you just happen to stumble upon by circumstance? It must be cool driving a vehicle that not alot of people have where you are from. I guess it really sticks out in a crowd. Soudns real good from the video. If it has the 5% written on the pulley than it is definitely upgraded. How many pounds of boost are you getting at wide open throttle?

Also you came to the right place. The people on this forum are awesome and will help you out with any questions you may have. I real tight knit of enthusiasts all sharing the same joy that you have driving your SC.

Thank you for the warm welcome.
well.. stumbled on it, when my friend told me that he is moving to norway and his car will be available and i can buy it cheaply from him. i said sure.. what car is it. then he said thunderbird... my first thought was the 60´s thunderbird... ~~~~ i can never afford it. then i saw the car... loved it and after a lil testdrive it was decided. and thats how i got it... best buy ever...

if everything goes well then at the end of this year i really want to strip the engine and start rebuilding it and do some modifications. then im probably gonna ask a lot of dumb questions around here :D

also im looking for a good webstore or smtn, where i can scout for some parts.
i looked from www.rockauto.com but there arent so many parts to find.

oh, and the boost is 15 when im flat out

regards
Roomsta

Car looks nice! Sounds like it runs good too. Welcome to the club. We all have kind of a sick obsession with these cars but it's worth it as you have discovered.

Gotta love the torque from the SC!

Welcome you are in the right place.

Also XR7Dave is the guy who has taken the SC out of the dark ages. You need something email him!

I take it your SC is a 5spd by the donuts! Nice, car sounds good. How many miles?

Gotta say I was a little thrown off when you said "I love every MILE with it". Figured you guys used the metric system.:)

HAHA... yeah we do, but its an american car and im in a american forum:D

everybody thanks for the good words and welcomes

it has 5speed ATM if thats possible:D

oh and i lied..:D it does 10+ PSI i dont know even why i said it 15 before.

all these good words and supports does really give a good push to go further with it... my own plan was to strip the engine, fix everything what needs to fixing. new gaskets, oils, plugs and other basic stuff and then load it up with NOS 100hp each side?... because it seems that all other modifications are going to be quite expensive... once again sorry for bad english :D

cheers
Roomsta

thats whats on it now, the stock blower is an eaton m90

you can upgrade to the 94-95 blower but youll have to get larger injectors and a chip so the ecu can control them correctly

car looks and sounds good!!

welcome to the forum

Okey, thank you...
question one.. how can i maintain my charger, i ve seen those oil´s or something.. with them?
how can i change sparkplugs.

Okey, thank you...
question one.. how can i maintain my charger, i ve seen those oil´s or something.. with them?
how can i change sparkplugs.

The spark plugs are a real pain in the butt. I did mine a few weeks ago. The hardest part is getting the wires to click back onto the spark plug. See below link about changing the spark plugs.

http://www.albeedigital.com/supercoupe/articles/plug_changing.html

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44531&highlight=changing+plugs

http://www.tccoa.com/articles/mn12how-to/sparkplugs/sparkplugs.htm

Someone will fill you in on the supercharger. Haven't done anything to mine at this point.

How is the SC received over in Europe. The lines of the car, interior, etc. Do people like the car and it's looks or do they not care for it?

Well.. so far. 95% dont even know what car is this.. some are calling it mustang?:D everybody loves it..how can you not love SC:D

after my car there is 2 more SC in Estonia. i ve heard that in finland there is around 30, in germani about 20.. never heard or seen it in Lithuania or in latvia.

parts are really hard to find...
there is some parts what are universal like, filters´s fuel pumps and some running gear stuff. but they are very expensive.
plus nobody except pro Drag racers and so, dont know anything about supercharges and so.

Fuel pump 150 Euros...that is 200 dollars. is that ok?

Hey WELCOME! You would want to get an upgraded pump if you change. Get a 255lph forced induction replacement. Not a stock replacement. And that is high by US standards

Hi again..

havent written anything in a while. but lil update here
first of all i broke my waterpumpbearing after using water in the cooling system plus something broke in the engine. after i forgot water in and outside temp. fell to minus 20 celcius. after that theres a hole somewhere in the back of the engine and all the coolant is literally pouring out.
at the end of the weekend will rip it all out and see whats wrong...

just ordered some stuff for now...
new waterpump
fuel filter
fuel pump(bosch)
oilfilter
sparkplugs+wires(Bosch double platinum)
SC oil
cost 300dollars

but now if im getting my Nos system, then ill gotta change sparks and fuelpump again...

Cheers

Back