Clay City revisited!

old_coot

I got to go back to Clay city today with Anthony Arnold and Jeff Bratton. The old grey mule ran a new best......13.150 @104.048 with a 8.389 1/8th.....Not too bad for a stock throttle body, inlet and 94/95 M90 supercharger........Dan:rolleyes:

I thought that was a great run for what he has on the car. With a stock throttle body, stock inlet plenum and a 94/95 supercharger. I was happy with the performance as was Dan... He came back grinning from ear to ear!!!
He didn't even pull the passenger seat... :D

I thought that was a great run for what he has on the car. With a stock throttle body, stock inlet plenum and a 94/95 supercharger. I was happy with the performance as was Dan... He came back grinning from ear to ear!!!

What axle ratio is in that car?

I thought this car also had most of the parts from my old 3.8 motor :confused:

David

I thought this car also had most of the parts from my old 3.8 motor :confused:

David

That was last year! Anthony ended up stealing those parts for His new engine, so I ended up with his old engine block and heads. I put my old 4.2 crank with new pistons and new H-beans in but reused my original supercharger, inlet, and intake....I did add a homemade double intercooler. It looked like crap on the dyno but seems to run decent.....Dan

The 1/8th mile track in Louisville (Ohio Valley Raceway) opened today for some test and tune, so I drug the old grey mule down to see if the new Drag Radials were going to help and it seems they did...the old plug went 8.146 @84.09 with a 1.79 60 ft.....Now I need some boost....12 pounds just isn't going to get it done.....Dan

Not bad Old Coot. That 8.146 @84.09 should definitely be good for some sub 13 second time slips in the quarter. Still running the stock throttle body, inlet plenum and 94/5 blower? I take it your SC has an aftermarket camshaft and some head work to go along with the 4.2 crankshaft.

Last edited:
Hi Jimmy, yes it still has the stock throttle body, inlet and 94 supercharger. below that the engine is built pretty well. It has the 4.2 crank, H-beam rods and forged pistons with a main stud girdle. the heads have 1.94/1.60 valves and Anthony Arnold ported the heads. Dalke had the cam ground for Anthony's old engine so I'm not sure of the spec's other than it has about .600 lift and evidently a lot of duration judging from the lope the engine has. I plan on doing a little checking on it this year before the shootout. Last year I just wanted it running good enough to play. Although the car is doing better than I have a right to expect, I'm sure there is a lot more in it. right now I figure by the time I'm into the range of the cam, I'm all out of supercharger....I need to save some pennies and do something about that......Dan

Back