Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: 4 Super Coupe,s, complete part out for these cars

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCoupe View Post
    I was considering cutting the tube right before the crimp, and replacing it with a piece of hose if I couldn't find a descent used one, but I thought I'd try. Thanks for the link and suggestions. I was wondering if I should flare the end a hair before putting the hose on so it has a little bite area. I'll grab that hose you suggested.
    I think the metal tube has a little flare on it already.
    God bless!!!

1990 SC auto ... red outside, gray cloth inside ... ~205,000 miles (and climbing) ... driven daily!

Quote Originally Posted by KMT View Post
    Sorry to confuse you, but that link is for one of the (other) molded heater hoses on the top of the engine, not the one down at the water pump-to-oil heat exchanger.

Get your sample off and walk it into an auto parts store and ask pretty please if they have anything close. Shouldn't be too hard to find a replacement, it just needs to be 1/2", I think, and molded curves with the right angles.

This is what my old one looked like off the engine:
    Attachment 61539
    I ordered the hose, I knew it was not for the oil cooler tube, but I thought you were suggesting that I could cut off a curved section and use it to replace the section of hose. If it's not the right diameter, I'll return it…no biggie.

Quote Originally Posted by S_Mazza View Post
    I think the metal tube has a little flare on it already.
    As far as the flare goes, I had planned on cutting the tube right before where the rubber hose is crimped to the tube, so it would be a fresh cut…I thought I would flare the end just a little….just not sure how it could be flared already if it's a fresh cut. I'll figure it out regardless, and again, I appreciate the help and suggestions guys!

Sorry this parts post kind of got hijacked

For me, it was pretty straightforward once I got in there, but someone had already removed the original crimps/collars. In my case I had to wait until I had the sample hose before I made a final parts run, but that's all.

You'll be fine - good luck with it.

Apologies to Angelo for any off-topic.
    Last edited by KMT; 08-13-2014 at 06:16 PM.

As far as the flare goes, I had planned on cutting the tube right before where the rubber hose is crimped to the tube, so it would be a fresh cut…I thought I would flare the end just a little….just not sure how it could be flared already if it's a fresh cut. I'll figure it out regardless, and again, I appreciate the help and suggestions guys!

Sorry this parts post kind of got hijacked
    Agreed ... Sorry, Angelo, for the derailment! A moderator can probably split this thread if needed.

As for the tube - why are you planning to cut the metal tube? Maybe I am missing something.

If all you want is to replace the rubber, don't cut the tube. Only cut the ferrule that is crimped over the rubber.
    God bless!!!

1990 SC auto ... red outside, gray cloth inside ... ~205,000 miles (and climbing) ... driven daily!

how about a front ashtray for a 90? Looking for the tin/steel ashtray itself. Want to see if I can find a plating company to chrome one as most of these are pretty rusty/nasty by now

how about a front ashtray for a 90? Looking for the tin/steel ashtray itself. Want to see if I can find a plating company to chrome one as most of these are pretty rusty/nasty by now
    Let me check what I have and get back to you.
    Angelo