Vogtland springs uninstalled height

mopar70

So I'm putting on my vogtland 1.6" lowering springs today. When I remove what I think is the stock front spring I stand it next to the vogtland spring. They are the same height (within reason). The spring I pulled off is black, and I was told when I bought the car that it was not lowered.

Is the unloaded free height of lowering springs about the same as stock springs?

I'm wondering if I am pulling of eibach 1.5" drop springs (for no particular reason).

Both springs have about 10 coils, but there is a visual difference in the coil spacing.

Thanks,
Scott

I think the Eibachs have a part number on them (mine do) anything on those you can see?

If this is the car the springs were removed from, it looks like stock ride height to me.

garage_attachment.php

David

I don't have the numbers for the fronts but I did measure my rears when I installed my Vogtlands.

Here are the numbers:

The Unsprung height of the stock rear spring is 13 3/4"
The Unsprung height of the Vogtland rear spring is 11 1/4"
A difference of 2 1/2"

The diameter of the stock rear coil is .670"
The diameter of the Vogtland rear coil is .720"
A difference of .050" or just under 1/16" heavier.

RearSprings.jpg

Yep, the blue car in the photo is the car - I also always thought it was stock ride height. I got the fronts complete, and drove it about 20 miles to settle control arm bushings. It's defintely lower, can't say for sure how much - I never bothered measuring before.

Thanks for the comparison for the rears, I expect mine will meaure the same.

I must say the color of the vogtland springs leaves something to be desired.

Back