Tubular K-Member (Round 2)

Alright guys....it seems like there is enough interest to get the ball rolling again. Let me tool up my equipment again and I'll get started on a small batch run. A new thread will be started when it comes time to get in line.

I will take one have cash in hand. Would be a huge+ if you could drop the motor 1/2-2" what ever you can do I need clearance:D for near future plans. Let me know.

...Not sure why you'd think the sway bar wouldn't work....This uses all stock suspension components without modification.

Also rear tubular arms and tubular rear subframe are in the works.....

I inquired about one of the earlier ones that came up for sale a while back and that is the reason I didn't pull the trigger on it. I looked at the pics and saw that it works on this one. that's exciting news about the rear unit I myself am interested in both the front rear and lca,s

not to get off topic..

I have been running a "K" member for a bunch of years now and it really makes it a lot easier to work on these cars. When I did a big block I had the engine dropped down for more room. This really helpped out.
Now keep in mind this was another brand, but the follow thru is the same. This is a great idea and it helps to work on these cars...Please do remake this idem as it will help out a lot of people and their cars....Rich

Interested for my 90 if sway bar work. Would be able to get the car to squat in the rear more with thag weight off the nose. That and the battery. Would pay in 100.00 installments. Wife just lost job.

Interested for my 90 if sway bar work. Would be able to get the car to squat in the rear more with thag weight off the nose. That and the battery. Would pay in 100.00 installments. Wife just lost job.

Umm if your wife just lost her job, than maybe you shouldn't be buying performance parts for your car? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I could make it work. Will be selling all of my Mark VIII stuff and my truck to get the breathing room to do it. I could put 100.00 down and a couple paydays I would have it. Also, got a big side job. finish that and I can pay the tool truck off. Want to go to the track next season real bad. Wife does too. Been a while since I had something fast at the track. And so far this car pulls harder than the Mach1 I had. We'd go broke to race!

K member

saw the pics

I'm definitely in for one. Leave it primered- I want to powder coat it to match the color theme I plan on doing to my 92 SC.

I'd be in for the rear as well if it can be modded to accept a wider wheel. I'm toying with the idea of tubbing the rear for a set of fatboys!

saw the pics

I'm definitely in for one. Leave it primered- I want to powder coat it to match the color theme I plan on doing to my 92 SC.

I'd be in for the rear as well if it can be modded to accept a wider wheel. I'm toying with the idea of tubbing the rear for a set of fatboys!

The problem in the rear for fitting a fat tire is the upper shock mount and sway bar.

Have you seen enough interest? Still doing the k-members? I need to plan aheadfor the money.

Yes, there seems to be enough interest to start this up again...almost too much for one guy to handle in a timely manner. I hate to make these on a per-order basis and I certainly don't like receiving a full payment without being able to deliver.

I don't have an exact timeframe when anything would happen just now...but perhaps late winter/early spring. I'm trying to deal with logistical issues right now that are taking some time (establishing a LLC, patents disclosures, looking into contract manufacturing, etc.). All of which take time and have some substantial costs associated with them. I've recieved a few quotes based on the drawings that I've provided and it would push the costs to an unattractive number. All the quotes that I received from independent shops were consistent...which only really showed that I completely lost my shirt on these during the first batch that I produced.:eek:

I'm at the stage where I'm re-tooling my jig(s) for a more production environment so that I can hand over the tooling and the detailed prints. I'm not sure that this is the way I'll end up going, based on costs, time commitments, etc...but it gives me more options.

The front k-member doesn't involve much work at this point, so I've put it on the back-burner until the logistical issues are resolved first. I've resurrected my rear-subframe cad models/analysis from years past and have begun poking away at that again. It's a tricky problem to solve based on the mounting locations of our chassis. My feeling right now is that there will be weight savings, but most likely only around 1/3 savings. It may not be really worth the bang for your buck since there really isn't any other benefit associated with a new rear frame (no space or access benefits) other than a "cool" factor.:rolleyes:

Rear tubular control arms are already available from another vendor and are a pretty straight forward design which I'm estimating would take a few days to properly design them followed by a few days of detailed analysis. My intention isn't to step on anyone else's toes for developing a competing product; however I personally feel that a new design could provide some user-configurable options at a much lower price-point IMO.

If I don't end up going down the contract manufacturing road, I can almost certainly say that there will be one medium-sized batch of each produced and I would throw in the towel. People just need to understand that it's a one man operation so it's very limited. I spend 50 hours a week designing machines, mechanisms and industrial products as a full-time gig so sometimes the last thing I want to do when I get home is work on more designs, fabrication, etc. I much rather crack a beer and watch some TV:D

Anyhow....things are in the works.

Last edited:
If I don't end up going down the contract manufacturing road, I can almost certainly say that there will be one medium-sized batch of each produced and I would throw in the towel. People just need to understand that it's a one man operation so it's very limited. I spend 50 hours a week designing machines, mechanisms and industrial products as a full-time gig so sometimes the last thing I want to do when I get home is work on more designs, fabrication, etc. I much rather crack a beer and watch some TV:D

I completely understand this.

I completely understand this.

I get it as well and im in no hurry. Just excited that you are going to make the front, rear and lcas. If I understand correct the lcas that are out there now are for the cobra and don't accept the coil spring setup we run on our cars they are for a coil over setup?

Back