Aluminum Door Sills

Are you asking about same shape, location or attachment?

They seem to be generic, like the door gaskets, I think.
Yeah that's what I wanted to know the shape and size, that way I can do a design for the XR7 guys too.

As far as designs go I want to start with 3 for right now, only because I don't want to be held down on the computer drawing and programming a bunch of different sills. I wanna offer the top 3 desired, run them out, ship them and start on the next SC part. Once I built a small line of new SC parts I can always come back and add to the different styles of each part.

They'll be offered in polish/chrome or contrast cut (black anodized then machined logos) so it's really like having 6 options. I'll have the first samples within the next couple of days.

Yeah that's what I wanted to know the shape and size, that way I can do a design for the XR7 guys too.

The differences are stylistic, not fit/function, so the same basic design (just putting "Mercury Cougar XR7" or some combination of those in place of the Thunderbird icon and the Thunderbird / SC text) will fit fine.

RwP

I believe so. Greg posted that it would be a couple of days and that he would have some pictures for us.

I would probably go in for some of these with the "SC Circle" in the middle or back like third pic center selection.

in for a set

If he can get these made for around the $100 number I'm in for a set. I like the third design, but any of them would be an improvement over stock.

Horn

Last edited:
Sills

I'm in for the one with the bird in the middle and the Super Coupe wording, but I would like the 3.8 in the middle of the bird. brushed or polished would look awesome.

Took in a few hot orders at work recently that took up some extra machine time but I'm back on the sills and should have a set ready for fitment tomorrow night. I'll put up some pictures when I do, I chopped up some metal today to start the first samples. I'll be posting some quick design renderings of the different styles here shortly. Hopefully have all the finishes and pricing details situated and open up ordering by Monday. Thanks for everyone's patience.

Attachments

• SILL1.JPG
    SILL1.JPG
    204.1 KB · Views: 338
Back