Aluminum Door Sills

I know i said I was going to have a sample sill done this weekend but I got a little carried away with the designs. I initially only wanted to do 3 different styles but I realized just like myself everyone wants to personalize their coupes their way. So instead of limiting to just 3 im going to offer 7 different sill designs.

These "renderings" i post up or actually simulations in my mastercam program, so this is exactly how they are going to look. All of my CNC programs are written and ready to run so i plan on cutting metal right away.

* I also did some research here on the forum and read that there are two different sill lengths. The ones i'm producing are 40-1/2" long. If you have a shorter one I am sure these will still work but if anyone can confirm that it will be appreciated.

I want to make these as affordable as possible, but take into consideration each sill is 1/4" thick 6061 over 40" long. Not to mention after Polish I will be spending quite some time cleaning any leftover polish compound out of the sills before I ship so you get a shiny CLEAN part.

I will send a link to an online store for nettlesd to update the first post with. The store will have these pictures but they will be replaced with actual aluminum sill pictures as each one is machined.

Attachments

• TBIRDSILL-1.JPG
    TBIRDSILL-1.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 311
  • TBIRDSILL-2.JPG
    TBIRDSILL-2.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 318
  • TBIRDSILL-3.JPG
    TBIRDSILL-3.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 312
  • TBIRDSILL-4.JPG
    TBIRDSILL-4.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 306
last 3...didnt forget the XR7 cars.

Attachments

• TBIRDSILL-5.JPG
    TBIRDSILL-5.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 306
  • TBIRDSILL-6.JPG
    TBIRDSILL-6.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 309
  • TBIRDSILL-7.JPG
    TBIRDSILL-7.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 303
depending on price i may take 3 sets.

A polished set should be coming in at about $120. I'll have a price on Chrome tomorrow, I'll grind the chromer as much as possible but a good guess would be about $155 a pair. That will include the hardware, as for shipping I was only able to source a 48x4x4 box so I'll be able to ship up to I would say 4 sets in one box.

Alright guys got the first one done. This thing looks awesome in person. A few back and forths between the machine and car test fitting and im finally happy with the fitment. Here's a few pics, I know my interior is not the best for modeling but its a work in progress!

I will have NettlesD update the first post with the link to the online store for purchase. Im using my company store for Harley Products I make and sell but there is a section for Thunderbirds/Cougars where you can find these as well as the rest of the parts I will be offering.

The pictures in the store are the simulations from the previous post, I will update those as I machine each style. The sills will be available for purchase until January 6th. For the guys who purchase sooner yours may ship before then but all orders should be shipped by January 14th.

Once this run is done I will probably make more of these to put on the shelf for guys in the future, But I will only keep the top 4 sellers and the price may go up slightly. So nows the chance to choose the style you want.

http://primomachine.bigcartel.com/category/thunderbird-cougar

Thanks,
Greg.

Attachments

• DS1.JPG
    DS1.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 335
  • DS2.JPG
    DS2.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 335
  • DS4.JPG
    DS4.JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 338
  • DS5.JPG
    DS5.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 344
  • DS3.JPG
    DS3.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 329
Once I see what the chrome and contrast cut style looks like I am definitely going to place an order for style #2. Can you describe what the contrast cut looks like? I think I may want the chrome if I had my choice. If you want to do a chrome sample of #2 that may be your first sale of it... lol...

Edit* Outstanding work by the way!!!

Once I see what the chrome and contrast cut style looks like I am definitely going to place an order for style #2. Can you describe what the contrast cut looks like? I think I may want the chrome if I had my choice. If you want to do a chrome sample of #2 that may be your first sale of it... lol...

Edit* Outstanding work by the way!!!

Contrast Cut is what I call when I anodize a part usually black, then go back and machine some highlights usually logos, chamfers, any type of decoration. This gives you a 2-Tone Contrast Look between the black and Machined finish. Looks really good. This finish is really popular with the Harley guys.

looks amazing. We are fortunate to have you! I like the one you produced with supercoupe underneath. Id be looking for two sets. Now for people with teh 35th anniversary cars..I think black anodized with the tbirth logo and 35th anniversary underneath would be awsome!

Contrast Cut is what I call when I anodize a part usually black, then go back and machine some highlights usually logos, chamfers, any type of decoration. This gives you a 2-Tone Contrast Look between the black and Machined finish. Looks really good. This finish is really popular with the Harley guys.

ooh. that sounds cool. Do you have a photo of what one would look like. I may go for that. So the sill would be black and the machines lines and logo would be machined aluminum. If thats the case I think I am definately in. Let m e know so I can order it online...

thanks

OK, just looked them up on google. I am in. I will order the contrast as soon as I get home.... :)

Sills

I just ordered #2 for my chicken
pretty sure they won't ship right now- but can't wait to see them when they get in. This will look sweet against the black carpet and the new interior I bought yesterday.. money- can't take it with you!!

I just ordered #2 for my chicken
pretty sure they won't ship right now- but can't wait to see them when they get in. This will look sweet against the black carpet and the new interior I bought yesterday.. money- can't take it with you!!

I would love to see pictures of the new interior. Cant wait until I do mine...

ooh. that sounds cool. Do you have a photo of what one would look like. I may go for that. So the sill would be black and the machines lines and logo would be machined aluminum. If thats the case I think I am definately in. Let m e know so I can order it online...

thanks

OK, just looked them up on google. I am in. I will order the contrast as soon as I get home.... :)

No picture yet Im still running first operation (backside) on all the sills before I start doing the different logos and finishes.

Here's a couple pics of some contrast cut parts I do for Harley's, I like the look especially on black cars. Right now im only offering this in black because because I already black anodize parts that I normally produce so its easy just to slip a few of these sills in here. Colors are an option but there's minimums.

Attachments

• DCLC3.JPG
    DCLC3.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 280
  • sh.JPG
    sh.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 279
I am so down. I wil be placing the order tonight.:D

*Edit - Just ordered the #2 in Contrast Cut... Very excited. When do you think these will be made?

Last edited:
Back