Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Aluminum Door Sills

Wow... I love #2... I am definitely down for a set of #2 for my 89...

Quote Originally Posted by nanatothesixth View Post
    depending on price i may take 3 sets.
    A polished set should be coming in at about $120. I'll have a price on Chrome tomorrow, I'll grind the chromer as much as possible but a good guess would be about $155 a pair. That will include the hardware, as for shipping I was only able to source a 48x4x4 box so I'll be able to ship up to I would say 4 sets in one box.
    1990 Thunderbird SC AOD

Alright guys got the first one done. This thing looks awesome in person. A few back and forths between the machine and car test fitting and im finally happy with the fitment. Here's a few pics, I know my interior is not the best for modeling but its a work in progress!

I will have NettlesD update the first post with the link to the online store for purchase. Im using my company store for Harley Products I make and sell but there is a section for Thunderbirds/Cougars where you can find these as well as the rest of the parts I will be offering.

The pictures in the store are the simulations from the previous post, I will update those as I machine each style. The sills will be available for purchase until January 6th. For the guys who purchase sooner yours may ship before then but all orders should be shipped by January 14th.

Once this run is done I will probably make more of these to put on the shelf for guys in the future, But I will only keep the top 4 sellers and the price may go up slightly. So nows the chance to choose the style you want.

http://primomachine.bigcartel.com/ca...derbird-cougar

Thanks,
    Greg.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    1990 Thunderbird SC AOD

Once I see what the chrome and contrast cut style looks like I am definitely going to place an order for style #2. Can you describe what the contrast cut looks like? I think I may want the chrome if I had my choice. If you want to do a chrome sample of #2 that may be your first sale of it... lol...

Edit* Outstanding work by the way!!!

Wow, that is awesome.

I've updated the first post with the link for ordering.
    SCCoA Member #247
    Hardcore TBU #5 (in tow)

just ordered mine oh yeah!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jjklongisland View Post
    Once I see what the chrome and contrast cut style looks like I am definitely going to place an order for style #2. Can you describe what the contrast cut looks like? I think I may want the chrome if I had my choice. If you want to do a chrome sample of #2 that may be your first sale of it... lol...

Edit* Outstanding work by the way!!!
    Contrast Cut is what I call when I anodize a part usually black, then go back and machine some highlights usually logos, chamfers, any type of decoration. This gives you a 2-Tone Contrast Look between the black and Machined finish. Looks really good. This finish is really popular with the Harley guys.
    1990 Thunderbird SC AOD

looks amazing. We are fortunate to have you! I like the one you produced with supercoupe underneath. Id be looking for two sets. Now for people with teh 35th anniversary cars..I think black anodized with the tbirth logo and 35th anniversary underneath would be awsome!
    They don't call me "SLOWPOKE" for nothin!
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v...vehicle&id=110
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardoa1 View Post
    I love the filter. Its pimp. paper element and 10Mircron filtration, 12" long cause size matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Slater85 View Post
    Contrast Cut is what I call when I anodize a part usually black, then go back and machine some highlights usually logos, chamfers, any type of decoration. This gives you a 2-Tone Contrast Look between the black and Machined finish. Looks really good. This finish is really popular with the Harley guys.
    ooh. that sounds cool. Do you have a photo of what one would look like. I may go for that. So the sill would be black and the machines lines and logo would be machined aluminum. If thats the case I think I am definately in. Let m e know so I can order it online...

thanks

OK, just looked them up on google. I am in. I will order the contrast as soon as I get home....

Sills

I just ordered #2 for my chicken
    pretty sure they won't ship right now- but can't wait to see them when they get in. This will look sweet against the black carpet and the new interior I bought yesterday.. money- can't take it with you!!

that is pretty sweet,believe i will do the contrast ones myself.

Quote Originally Posted by WES92SC View Post
    I just ordered #2 for my chicken
    pretty sure they won't ship right now- but can't wait to see them when they get in. This will look sweet against the black carpet and the new interior I bought yesterday.. money- can't take it with you!!
    I would love to see pictures of the new interior. Cant wait until I do mine...

Those look sweet. You can send me the program file for the first and forth one in post 43 anytime you want.

Quote Originally Posted by jjklongisland View Post
    ooh. that sounds cool. Do you have a photo of what one would look like. I may go for that. So the sill would be black and the machines lines and logo would be machined aluminum. If thats the case I think I am definately in. Let m e know so I can order it online...

thanks

OK, just looked them up on google. I am in. I will order the contrast as soon as I get home....
    No picture yet Im still running first operation (backside) on all the sills before I start doing the different logos and finishes.

Here's a couple pics of some contrast cut parts I do for Harley's, I like the look especially on black cars. Right now im only offering this in black because because I already black anodize parts that I normally produce so its easy just to slip a few of these sills in here. Colors are an option but there's minimums.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    1990 Thunderbird SC AOD

I am so down. I wil be placing the order tonight.

*Edit - Just ordered the #2 in Contrast Cut... Very excited. When do you think these will be made?
    Last edited by jjklongisland; 12-21-2013 at 06:38 PM.