adjusting scorpion rockers w/ video

superdadsc

Taking valve covers off tomorrow.

Can't find a thread, anyone point me in the right direction.

How do I know if the aren't so right?

What are the specs in doing this?

Thanks

Last edited:
I thought I was reading in some post(can't remember what ones) that they are non adjustable.
Maybe I am thinking of something else, but I am pretty sure they were the roller rockers that were being discussed.

What do I like for to see that they aren't setup properly.

What are they torqued down too?

I am over my head on this one for sure!:eek:

Everyone is saying they are to noisey?

I am going to dyno tomorrow, unless I shouldn't.

Car idles and drives fine, no misses etc. Sounds good just low on power. My stock 90 auto w/ exhaust is more responsive.:eek:

I found a company around here that can tune QH on the dyno. They wanted 750 to wipe the file clean and start from scratch.

I told them it already has a baseline tune and they said they would do it for 450 bucks?

Should I do that and be done with it?

The only thing I will do is put the MP! from the 95 auto and put that on this car.

What does the valve train sound like now that you have the header tight? I am surprised the exhaust shop left it loose.

The guy in the shop stayed late to finish my car. When he was done he told me he didn't like the down tubes and the headers needed attention but it was an hour past closing time.
I brought it back and he fixed it for free, even put on some Chrome tips free of charge.
I will post a video of it running now.

Like chris suggested unhook the blower and start it. it loud to me. seems noisey to me.

That's too noisy. Sounds like a diesel. Probably need longer pushrods. Find out what ones were used and we can go from there.

That noise does sound a lot like the supercharger. When the couplers wearout and the bearings loosen up from mileage they sound just like a diesel engine at idle. My original sc rattled like a diesel for a couple years until I upgraded. Definitely take loose the sc belt and recheck the noise. I can't think of any reason for the sc to make that moaning noise, either. No need to chase valve train noise if it's the sc.

Thanks Mike
I will take the belt of tomorrow and take a listen.
I will be putting the mp1and plenum on this one once I pick up the 95.
I picked up some pushrods from DD so I have those coming just in case.

Well tonight I got the blower and other things off to get to the valve covers. I got them off and there were the rockers. I have never checked this before but some were snug and others really loose. I didn't turn the crank to check but I believe they are all the same. Very loose.

I will get a video up if I can.

The pushrods I bought from DD are identical in length so that isn't the problem.

So I need to get these babies snug!?

I assume you are talking about the push rods being loose or not and not the hold down for the rockers. Did you find them at different tensions without moving the crank around? That would not be unusual.

Yes the tensions were different. Some tight and snug, no movement. Others kinda snug, and other loose. My guess would be that it has to do with compression and where the pistons are but this is all new to me so that's cool.

So I am guessing they will all be the same. Same amount of play throughout.

I will be able to get on Thursday.

The pushrods that are tight have the valves open. They will loosen up when you turn the crank. The ones that are loose, valve closed, should not move up and down. Normally you can rotate them if the valve is closed but they shouldn't be floppy. It sounds like there is no preload on the lifter. A video would be good.

Back