Billet Brake Reservoir Caps

Sorry to the guys who didn’t see their tracking number last week, most of you were polished finish. I was unhappy how they looked when they came back so I had them re-done. You should be getting tracking numbers shortly. I’ve been shipping them usps first class so they arrive quickly in about 2-3 days.

Thanks

Thanks for the update Greg. I'd rather wait the extra time knowing you are happy with them, so I know I'll be happy! :)

Joe

Just filled the last of the polished orders, so everyone should have received an email with tracking through paypal. I have 3 chrome orders pending that i am hoping to send out first thing next week.

Mine came too. Worth the wait.

Scanning the engine bay after installation, is there an available source for a polished aluminum oil dipstick handle? Maybe throwing an idea out there.

Scanning the engine bay after installation, is there an available source for a polished aluminum oil dipstick handle? Maybe throwing an idea out there.

There are quite a few of them out there but none that are t-bird/cougar specific that a quick googling showed up. The OEM one is just a piece of plastic with a hole for a retaining split pin so you could have an adapter collar made to make the others fit the stick. If you want to get really crazy you could 3D print one with almost anything you can dream up on it for a design but getting a matching one made by Slater would be a preferred option as everything would match up then to the nice cap you already have. I love the look of the engraved black caps he makes.

Last edited:
How did you order yours, Tim? I ordered a chrome version but received a polished version. Pretty sure I mentioned chrome in the order. Just checked my order and I did order chrome.

Now that I look at the product, it could be chrome but sure looks like it's polished next to the radiator cap that I also ordered.

Last edited:
I shipped all the chrome orders at the same time when I received my caps back from the Chromer, there’s always the possibility of mixing up orders but I didn’t handle any polish orders while filling the orders that included yours so I’m pretty sure it’s chrome. As far as comparing it to the radiator cap, those were chromed years ago when I first made them, I used a different Chromer at that time so there could be a difference on how they look. I’ll check my leftover chrome inventory on these brake caps and see if I did mixup a polished one.

Thanks Greg.

It's probably chrome. No worries. I did make a post in this thread about wanting to change the coolant cap from chrome/polished to contrast but you probably missed it. I should have followed up with an email. My fault on that.

I'm just glad that you still offer items for the SC. You need to make more items so that I can purchase more items. :)

Thanks again.

Back