Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: an Ecoboost for my bird...

Smile an Ecoboost for my bird...

Ford has just made it known that there is going to be a "plug&play" setup for the 3.5 eco. look to spring for this to hit the site's... 365 horse in stock form and well over 400 with a bit of a tune...
    For once Ford is doing something for the grass roots racer's. There is also talk of the new 5.0 to also be ready for you to add to your toy box.. Both of these engines are going to be offered for rear wheel set ups.....Rich
    Too many cars,too little time to drive them. Anything less than 500 cubes is a small block. If you slow down in life you will get run over..

grass roots with alot of $$$$
    They don't call me "SLOWPOKE" for nothin!
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v...vehicle&id=110
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardoa1 View Post
    I love the filter. Its pimp. paper element and 10Mircron filtration, 12" long cause size matters.

Ford announced the Ecoboost V6 as a crate motor nearly a year ago. As far as I understand a controller pack still does not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Toms-SC View Post
    Ford announced the Ecoboost V6 as a crate motor nearly a year ago. As far as I understand a controller pack still does not exist.
    I don't think it really matters much to us. It won't fit under an SC hood anyway. Then there is the whole direct injection thing and the complex engine control system. It would be easier just to get 600rwhp out of an SC engine and be done with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    Ya thats why i tape mine down. People think its bc i dont have a moonroof seal (which is true) but its really to keep my roof from ripping off .
    Email me here.

will be here in spring

Quote Originally Posted by XR7 Dave View Post
    I don't think it really matters much to us. It won't fit under an SC hood anyway. Then there is the whole direct injection thing and the complex engine control system. It would be easier just to get 600rwhp out of an SC engine and be done with it.
    The plug&play will be out this spring to make it simple to do...now as for fitting,everyone said a 460 would not fit as well... I guess that did not play out did it??
    Too many cars,too little time to drive them. Anything less than 500 cubes is a small block. If you slow down in life you will get run over..

I'm gonna put one in my rusting out F150.

If I get one it will be in a car that came with it!

The thought of finding a motor and making it work is beyond what I am wiling to pay for 380hp.

Motors are awesome though!

Smile we already have a SHO

Quote Originally Posted by superdadsc View Post
    If I get one it will be in a car that came with it!

The thought of finding a motor and making it work is beyond what I am wiling to pay for 380hp.

Motors are awesome though!
    We have a 2012 sho that has been played with. The fun part of this is there is so much left in these engines right now that it is crazy. There are Ford flex's that are into the 10's already. Now put it into a 3000 ish car and what do you think it will do.
    By the way the 2012 sho will already do a 13.5 at the track in stock form. We did that last year at the shoot out.. the sho hits the scale at 4341 curb weight....Rich

That's crazy!!

You are the guy to do it!!! Start a How to thread and get going!

Quote Originally Posted by XR7 Dave View Post
    Ya I remember this discussion, but the 3.7 RWD should fit and just throw the turbos on it and not mess with the direct injection. Or best setup would be get the 3.5 RWD or FWD Ecoboost shortblock and put a set of naturally aspirated 3.5 heads on it to eliminate the direct injection ports and mechanical booster pump. Trust me its been thought thru several times, really helps having a look at from the inside I could get into some other details that would mismatch parts for a solid combination..... Would be sweet setup pulling the Ecoboost SC with the Ecoboost F150.
    SCCoA Member#: 2515
    1990 SC AOD 2.1L Kenne Bell
    11.676 @ 121.35 mph
    506hp/478tq
    My Garage

Heaven forbid someone would have to use something other than the EEC-IV to tune with.
    1994 SC
    4.5L Twin Turbo SVO
    Project GTFD

Smile comes with everything

Quote Originally Posted by CMac89 View Post
    Heaven forbid someone would have to use something other than the EEC-IV to tune with.
    The kit is going to come with everything to plug in and play. This will be something that should put these engines in a lot of different cars & trucks. Ford is going at this the right way for a change... They are even putting these together to be rear wheel drive and there is talk of a stick shift setup coming as well.....Rich

Smile comes with everything

Quote Originally Posted by CMac89 View Post
    The kit is going to come with everything to plug in and play. This will be something that should put these engines in a lot of different cars & trucks. Ford is going at this the right way for a change... They are even putting these together to be rear wheel drive and there is talk of a stick shift setup coming as well.....Rich

Sho

I think my '13 SHO is the best car (besides my Tbird) that I have ever owned. The power for the size of her, I call her "my fat b*^*h", is amazing and unbelieveable in stock form and cant wait for it to be tuned. I just think for the monev involved, it would be too much to justify. S***, the motor package alone would probably be more than most our cars are worth book.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130969

So is Ford in or out? And I've just got to hear your definition of "grass roots racer".