Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: an Ecoboost for my bird...

It's now Dec 2014 and still no sign of the Ford 3.5L Ecoboost Control Pack.
    Unless you are serious enough to want to learn how to use a standalone EMS like Megasquirt, I think any hotrodder who wants this engine will need to extract the harness/ECU from a donor car. At that point, you might as well snag the engine...
    -g

Anyone interested in trying this, I can probably hook you up with a guy I know trying to sell. 2011 3.7 out of an F150 with auto trans and wiring harness with 11k. In the Cleveland, OH west side area. He offered it to me for $3000 a while back, after sitting on it you might be able to do better now. He decided to do a new 5.0 in his project.

If you r interested drop me a PM and I can get contact info

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by S4gunn View Post
    It's now Dec 2014 and still no sign of the Ford 3.5L Ecoboost Control Pack.
    Unless you are serious enough to want to learn how to use a standalone EMS like Megasquirt, I think any hotrodder who wants this engine will need to extract the harness/ECU from a donor car. At that point, you might as well snag the engine...
    -g
    "Ford Racing currently offers the aftermarket enthusiast with either a 2.0L or the 3.5L EcoBoost engines, with wiring installation kits coming soon to make this a truly plug and play system, like the popular 5.0 Coyote Controls Pack. Performance is once again affordable, all you need is a car to put the EcoBoost into. Check out the Ford Racing web site and stay tuned for more."

I own one of the highest moddified F150 EcoBoost's in the country, so I am very familiar with the engine. I really dont see how it would fit. All the turbo piping you could custom make fairly easily, but its a 3.5L that looks like the size of a BB.lol
    Once there is a aftermarket HPFP the sky is the limit on these engines. Mine is pretty much maxed out.
    Its making 503hp and 626tq to the wheels. I plan on getting the Cavalli triple ball bearing turbo upgrade, but its pointless at this time.

Here's a few pics of my truck. For some reason it wont post my good pics.
    13 F150 EcoBoost, SSI tuned, AMR intercooler with 5" core, Kooks turbo down pipes, FullRace MS 3" exhaust, S&B intake, BBK 76mm TB, DevilsOwn progressive meth injection.
    Name:  Intercooler.jpg
Views: 611
Size:  388.2 KBName:  Deuce.jpg
Views: 583
Size:  80.9 KB
    Last edited by SuperCoupeDave; 12-24-2014 at 01:10 PM.

Imagine if you could cut some weight on the truck how fast it could be. An overlooked engine is the new 6.2 in the f150. It's no joke. Makes 411hp with no power adder, overhead cam, and does it all under 5500 rpm. Now, sky IS the limit with this engine.
    1994 Mk VIII in RCOH
    1990 Cougar XR7 - ALIVE! 325RWHP at current tune
    1981 Rabbit 1.6D + K03 50-60mpg

Its been 2+ years. The controller pack would have come by now. Zzzz.

There is a flex putting down over 600 at the wheels and it is AWD. I know he did a lot of fuel upgrades and is running larger injectors. I wouldnt say 500 is maxed out with that engine.
    Honor, Grace and Dignity......Remember these

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofPrey97 View Post
    There is a flex putting down over 600 at the wheels and it is AWD. I know he did a lot of fuel upgrades and is running larger injectors. I wouldnt say 500 is maxed out with that engine.
    Thats Mike Bambic. He doesnt have it anymore. He didnt put larger injectors in because they arent avalible yet. What he did is make his own AUX fuel system. I'll find a pic and post it up.

500hp is about maxed out with these engines, because of fueling. My EcoBoost F150 made 503, but we all know a dyno is just a tool and isnt 100% accurate. I have a Walbro intank pump along with the stock pump, so I can run up to E40-E50 mixes.
    The torque that these engines make is just incredible. Thats what makes it fun.

Quote Originally Posted by HwyStar View Post
    Imagine if you could cut some weight on the truck how fast it could be. An overlooked engine is the new x50 https://www.the5x5project.com/hydrom...review-results 6.2 in the f150. It's no joke. Makes 411hp with no power adder, overhead cam, and does it all under 5500 rpm. Now, sky IS the limit with this engine.
    Yeah that would be pretty cool.
    Last edited by Dazzed; 08-05-2017 at 11:09 AM.

they would fit in your car..

with the size given this engine will fit into any bird. it is smaller than a big block in all ways that you can measure.. so if you got the time, money, and the will power you could do this and have something that would bring most all your dreams come true....Rich
    Too many cars,too little time to drive them. Anything less than 500 cubes is a small block. If you slow down in life you will get run over..