an Ecoboost for my bird...

pro street rich

Ford has just made it known that there is going to be a "plug&play" setup for the 3.5 eco. look to spring for this to hit the site's... 365 horse in stock form and well over 400 with a bit of a tune...
For once Ford is doing something for the grass roots racer's. There is also talk of the new 5.0 to also be ready for you to add to your toy box.. Both of these engines are going to be offered for rear wheel set ups.....Rich

Ford announced the Ecoboost V6 as a crate motor nearly a year ago. As far as I understand a controller pack still does not exist.

Ford announced the Ecoboost V6 as a crate motor nearly a year ago. As far as I understand a controller pack still does not exist.

I don't think it really matters much to us. It won't fit under an SC hood anyway. Then there is the whole direct injection thing and the complex engine control system. It would be easier just to get 600rwhp out of an SC engine and be done with it. :p

will be here in spring

I don't think it really matters much to us. It won't fit under an SC hood anyway. Then there is the whole direct injection thing and the complex engine control system. It would be easier just to get 600rwhp out of an SC engine and be done with it. :p

The plug&play will be out this spring to make it simple to do...now as for fitting,everyone said a 460 would not fit as well... I guess that did not play out did it??

If I get one it will be in a car that came with it!

The thought of finding a motor and making it work is beyond what I am wiling to pay for 380hp.

Motors are awesome though!

we already have a SHO

If I get one it will be in a car that came with it!

The thought of finding a motor and making it work is beyond what I am wiling to pay for 380hp.

Motors are awesome though!

We have a 2012 sho that has been played with. The fun part of this is there is so much left in these engines right now that it is crazy. There are Ford flex's that are into the 10's already. Now put it into a 3000 ish car and what do you think it will do.
By the way the 2012 sho will already do a 13.5 at the track in stock form. We did that last year at the shoot out.. the sho hits the scale at 4341 curb weight....Rich

Ya I remember this discussion, but the 3.7 RWD should fit and just throw the turbos on it and not mess with the direct injection. Or best setup would be get the 3.5 RWD or FWD Ecoboost shortblock and put a set of naturally aspirated 3.5 heads on it to eliminate the direct injection ports and mechanical booster pump. Trust me its been thought thru several times, really helps having a look at from the inside:D I could get into some other details that would mismatch parts for a solid combination.....;) Would be sweet setup pulling the Ecoboost SC with the Ecoboost F150.

comes with everything

Heaven forbid someone would have to use something other than the EEC-IV to tune with. :)

The kit is going to come with everything to plug in and play. This will be something that should put these engines in a lot of different cars & trucks. Ford is going at this the right way for a change... They are even putting these together to be rear wheel drive and there is talk of a stick shift setup coming as well.....Rich

comes with everything

Heaven forbid someone would have to use something other than the EEC-IV to tune with. :)

The kit is going to come with everything to plug in and play. This will be something that should put these engines in a lot of different cars & trucks. Ford is going at this the right way for a change... They are even putting these together to be rear wheel drive and there is talk of a stick shift setup coming as well.....Rich

Sho

I think my '13 SHO is the best car (besides my Tbird) that I have ever owned. The power for the size of her, I call her "my fat b*^*h", is amazing and unbelieveable in stock form and cant wait for it to be tuned. I just think for the monev involved, it would be too much to justify. S***, the motor package alone would probably be more than most our cars are worth book.

so lets try it this way.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130969

So is Ford in or out? :confused: And I've just got to hear your definition of "grass roots racer". :D

From what they"Ford" is saying they want to keep going with the small guys, their idea of small must be under $1,000,000 budget. These ecoboost setup will not be cheap, but then again what is.. Plan on spending $10,000 just for the engine. The plug and play stuff is still not even ready for the public.
Ford has gotten out of the high dollor stuff, just ask John Force about that. They still want to play with the 5.0 guys and the Cobra Jet mustang people. So I guess you could say that it looks like a $1,000,000 and smaller group. Keep in mind you can maybe buy a cobra jet for $100,000 and then you get to spend even more to make it run good.
So there Rod, that should about cover it, or do you have a better idea on this????????????.......Rich

Personally I'd be happy with one of these bad boys under the hood of my SC. A TVS 1900 under the hood of both my SC's would be real sweet.:D

Attachments

• htv1900_generic.jpg
    htv1900_generic.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 424
Yep, that kind of budget is more like "big oak tree roots" than "grass roots" in my mind. It's great that there are so many offerings (crate engines, CJ's, etc), but most of those offerings require some serious cash/commitment, IMO. I get the cool factor associated with running something a little different than everybody else, that's why most of us play with these cars in the first place, but $10k for just a bare Ecoboost crate engine just doesn't compute.

nor does a lot of things

Yep, that kind of budget is more like "big oak tree roots" than "grass roots" in my mind. It's great that there are so many offerings (crate engines, CJ's, etc), but most of those offerings require some serious cash/commitment, IMO. I get the cool factor associated with running something a little different than everybody else, that's why most of us play with these cars in the first place, but $10k for just a bare Ecoboost crate engine just doesn't compute.

I guess you have not been shopping for engines much.. You can spend a lot more for a 5.0 or even a mod engine. What do you thing GM gets for their big block engines or say Jon Kasse gets for his big block's. The last one I do know as I have been down that rode already more than once..
This all comes down to how much you want to spend to have something that is different than the norm... Look what that SVO V6 that is now on site is going for....You want to be different you have to pay the price... I did that years ago when I first went big......Rich

I work with a guy his nephew runs a twin turbo Mod motor Mustang 1200+HP and the head alone are $8k so I'd say $10k for a complete engine would be grass roots pricing.

His nephew does have a real job and is not a pro racer (inspecting welds on oil pipe line).

Back