89 or 90 Xr7 5-Speed

NJ GN

Hey guys. I am looking for a Black 89 -90 Xr7 5- speed in black on black or black on grey configuration. I may be interested in white or red possibly. Miles can be low or high. I live in New Jersey, however if the car is out there I have no problem shipping it here with some assistance from seller. Contact me here. Name is Mike. mjkzeus@gmail.com

Last edited:
I had that car years ago, still miss it. It was an 89 XR7, Black with grey interior, but with black cloth seats. I ended up parting it out due to a blown motor and rotted out floor and rocker panels. If you find a clean one, hang onto it!

I don't know if this would interest you at all, but I do have a 91 XR7, red metallic with gray leather interior with a 5.0 that I am just finishing up converting over to a T5 manual trans.

I had that car years ago, still miss it. It was an 89 XR7, Black with grey interior, but with black cloth seats. I ended up parting it out due to a blown motor and rotted out floor and rocker panels. If you find a clean one, hang onto it!

I don't know if this would interest you at all, but I do have a 91 XR7, red metallic with gray leather interior with a 5.0 that I am just finishing up converting over to a T5 manual trans.

I would like to see the car when you are finished regardless. I only live 45 minutes west of you in Browns Mills, NJ. I want to drive a 5-speed again thus why I was going back to some old roots of the cougar xr7 since it has nice refinement for its era and kinda rare. I see alot fo sc for sale but there was always some mystique about the cougar xr7 in my opinion anyways.

Last edited:
Definitely! The trans is installed, and the hydraulic clutch conversion is done, I just need to build the shifter relocation and put the center console back in, and I got the car with 15" wheels so I am going to install a set of 16s on it.

I have to ask about your user name, do you have a grand national? I've always had a soft spot for those cars too.

Yes, I have an original 1987 Grand National with 8406 miles. Thats the car you never sell or you kill yourself later. lol

Everyone has an XR7 for sale. lol I've been thinking about selling mine too. Other than the color and year, what are you looking for in a car? What kind of budget?

Mine is a black 89 with red/black interior. I didn't care for the completely red either so I started converting to 2-tone. Currently it has black leather seats and a few other accents. It's never been winter driven so it is very solid, but the paint is faded.

Everyone has an XR7 for sale. lol I've been thinking about selling mine too. Other than the color and year, what are you looking for in a car? What kind of budget?

I would love to find a very low mileage xr7 5-speed if 1 still exists in stock or near stock form. Maybe under 10,000 miles, lol. Of course I am sure I need to get on the list behind every1 else, but thats what I am hoping for. Cash is not a problem if the car demands it. I hope she is out there .....

However due to the limited numbers of 5-speeds I am definitely open to all possible color configurations and stock or modified form. Most likely It would seem I would have to have vehicle shipped to me so I really want to try and find my best option the first time to justify additional costs for getting her here if thats the route this takes me.

Last edited:
I would imagine this would be a pain in the ~~~ to have it shipped from Canada. I dont know, but I am also assuming that having a canadian car reading kilometers doesnt represent itself as well in the us for future resale value. Again, I am not sure and just speaking on assumptions.

I don't know about shipping it, but as far as the odometer reading in kms, it would be easy enough to replace it with a US odometer, and make the mileage match what it actually has.

I would imagine this would be a pain in the ~~~ to have it shipped from Canada. I dont know, but I am also assuming that having a canadian car reading kilometers doesnt represent itself as well in the us for future resale value. Again, I am not sure and just speaking on assumptions.

If you are concerned about future resale value, the Canadian versions are much more rare. As an aside, the manual seat belts are often sought after by US buyers.

Importing is not that difficult. I own/drive a Canadian XR7. ;)

Back