Help I need a 4AOD transmission for my bird

Kajesbird

So im new to the site, I dont have much money, I live in portland oregon, I can only spend 200 on a transmission because im jobless at the moment, help me out

With the limited info that was provided I am assuming a younger person asking for this.

Closest I could find to you.

Transmission
Ford Thunderbird

item #01273U

Price $325

Location: B and K Auto Salvage USA-OR(La-Grande) 1-800-233-9640

What year car/truck is this for?

PicknPull locally might have used and they get $160.00 without a core.

Craigslist can work great for things like this. Of course, you need to look the items over carefully, but that is true for just about anything.

Thanks guys, sorry about the limited info, I bought my second 1990 thunderbird sc with 105000 miles on it and yes the odomiter still works, but anyways I payed 600 for it and its easly a 10 out of 10 car, well after I replace the trany, I think its a locked torque converter because its locked in overdrive, I can put it in N but if I try 1st,D,
R or P it kills the car, is the trany from a regular 90 3.8 thunderbird the same? I thought the were diferent because of the electic mechanical lockup?

A 1990 SC would have an 'AOD'.

I believe the V6 was paired with the AOD, regardless of trim level, in Thunderbirds from 1989 to 1993.

I see two AODs on Craigslist - one in Bend and one in Eugene (http://portland.craigslist.org/sear...&subAreaID=&query=aod+transmission&catAbb=sss), and I know that there are several in the local PickNPull yards less than $200 and at least they give a warranty.

Are you familiar enough with these cars to be confident the trans is at fault?

im pretty handy with cars, but thanks man im probably ganna go to pick n pull tomorrow and see what they got, then im ganna vo get uper and lower ball joints and 3 inch pipes all the way out the back, but we will see

Back