smaller power steering dipstick and washer tank

Tedor

Hi!

Is there a smaller washer tank avalible? I rarely use the one I have beacuse I clean the car alot

Also is there a alternitive dipstick for the power steering fluid or just a closed top? Maybe from another car? Looking to make some more room

Thankful for inputs
Regards the swedish SC freak!

Early models have the washer tank on the fender, behind the battery and late models have it behind the grille/headlight in front of the battery.

It's a non-trivial job to install the new model tank into an early, car, I think, but if you already have the nose off, that would be the time to do it.

As for the power steering reservoir, our cars use an extension to move the dip stick up and back from underneath the lower IC tube. If you've changed your IC plumbing and/or don't mind having to reach, a dipstick/top from most any '90s Ford with the same pump might work.
ac36816383_is

Early models have the washer tank on the fender, behind the battery and late models have it behind the grille/headlight in front of the battery.

It's a non-trivial job to install the new model tank into an early, car, I think, but if you already have the nose off, that would be the time to do it.

I wanted to do the same thing, so I can use my stock one for meth kit, but it didnt look like it fit behind the header panel, has anyone done this?

As for the power steering reservoir, our cars use an extension to move the dip stick up and back from underneath the lower IC tube. If you've changed your IC plumbing and/or don't mind having to reach, a dipstick/top from most any '90s Ford with the same pump might work.

I did the same thing when I routed new pipes, I got one of those flat ones off a 93 5.0, but I think I also saw them new at Auto Zone or Advance if its easier to buy a new one.

John

If you do move the washer reservoir to the front with one of the newer style ones, then it makes it quite easy to reach the power steering pump to use the regular cap.

I think they come in white too, but yes, that's it. You have to take the nose plastics off to be able to get it in there.

Ok thanks. I have the front and header panel removed so it will be easier. Can anybody with this type of washer fluid retainer post some pictures of how is it mounted?

Thanks alot! Unfortunaly my FMIC is in that place so I will but a very small tank and hide it somewhere.

Which car do have the dipstick without extension? Living in sweden I cant just walk into a autostore and order one hehe :cool:

thanks

Back