New Member/SC Owner From Northern CA

Sounds all normal.

I'd invest in a fresh new cap tho - straight 16#.

Watch the upper hose to be sure it doesn't collapse with an overnite cool down - if it does, the tube to the overflow tank is blocked, but you said the level goes up/down, so that should be ok.

Look around the top/front of the engine to see if you can tell if any gasket changes, non-factory adhesives, etc.

Sounds all normal.

I'd invest in a fresh new cap tho - straight 16#.

Watch the upper hose to be sure it doesn't collapse with an overnite cool down - if it does, the tube to the overflow tank is blocked, but you said the level goes up/down, so that should be ok.

Look around the top/front of the engine to see if you can tell if any gasket changes, non-factory adhesives, etc.

Picked up a new cap today. Runs a little cooler. I planned on doing that anyway, but thanks for the suggestion

sounds like ive found the northern cali thunderbird guys finally. I am in Stockton and commute to sac everyday. I have a 95 sc 5 speed I have been restoring for the past year or so now. nice to someone else in the area doing the same!

Attachments

• WP_20131110_002.jpg
    WP_20131110_002.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 72
  • WP_20131110_001.jpg
    WP_20131110_001.jpg
    337.5 KB · Views: 79
sounds like ive found the northern cali thunderbird guys finally. I am in Stockton and commute to sac everyday. I have a 95 sc 5 speed I have been restoring for the past year or so now. nice to someone else in the area doing the same!

Looks good! Much cleaner than my pile, but for the low price & a 5 speed I'm more than happy to have mine. All my friends think I'm crazy since I have so many other vehicles already, but oh well. I'm daily driving the tbird and having fun with it.

Welcome to the SCCOA! I see that you are in NOR-CAL and I am in SO-CAL. I guess you can say that we are neighbors ;)

Your SC looks really good for the price. From what I see on your pictures you have no body damage which is a great foundation. I only see small work here and there to make her an awesome SC.

I don't know if you have visited your NOR-CAL chapter, but post to see who is around you and they should be able to help you move some wrenches.

Looks good! Much cleaner than my pile, but for the low price & a 5 speed I'm more than happy to have mine. All my friends think I'm crazy since I have so many other vehicles already, but oh well. I'm daily driving the tbird and having fun with it.

I know what you mean. I have had my fair share of garage and driveway ornaments too. I love this car though, has a lot of great qualities, I cant wait to put it back on the road. I suppose I could just put it on the street now and do my upgrades with time. maybe sometime this summer we could have a meet?

I know what you mean. I have had my fair share of garage and driveway ornaments too. I love this car though, has a lot of great qualities, I cant wait to put it back on the road. I suppose I could just put it on the street now and do my upgrades with time. maybe sometime this summer we could have a meet?

Ya, that was my focus, put it on the road first, do mods later. This car has needed so much fixing it's actually starting to wear on me a bit. If I still have it when you have yours on the road most likely I'll be up for a meet

Back