SCUI Competition IRS suspension bushing kit group order.

XR7 Dave

In order to have these in the hands of racers before the season starts we are starting another production run of these bushings now.

The bushing material is an extremely durable nylon polymer that is self lubricating and essentially indestructible (higher grade material then Delrin). This material has no give and will positively locate your rear control arm and knuckle assembly entirely eliminating wheel hop in all situations/conditions. Track times are significantly improved and control is dramatically improved. You will notice the difference.

Pins/sleeves are aircraft grade 2024 billet aluminum and then hard anodized for wear resistance.

All parts are CNC machined for consistency and tight tolerance. This is important to retain desired suspension articulation without binding. When properly installed these bushings make only a very minor impact on ride quality and NVH. If you have a high flow exhaust system you will not observe an undesirable change in noise or ride harshness.

The entire kit is $600, and that will include shipping in the lower 48 states. This is special pricing that applies to this production run only.

*Notes*

• Installation is an involved process. On a scale of 1-10 in difficulty this would be about a 7. Make sure you are capable of completing the install before ordering.
  • This kit eliminates the "toe link" compensator.
  • This kit is available for both cast steel SC control arms and Mark VIII aluminum arms. The kits are different, so you will have to specify. The bushings are not designed to work on the early stamped steel SC control arms.
  • Some fitting may be required. It is impossible to predict the exact dimensions of all Ford components. This is one of the reasons Ford uses rubber. It will be your responsibility to ensure proper fitment of all components.
  • Production is expected to take 6 weeks from the closing date of this order. This is an estimate only.
  • Quality is guaranteed. All part will be inspected prior to shipping but if there is a problem prior to installation we will assist and/or correct the issue. Once the parts are installed there is no warranty or guarantee. Replacement components, should they ever be needed for any reason, can be ordered.
  • These are COMPETITION BUSHINGS for OFFROAD AND RACING PURPOSES only. Proper maintenance and upkeep is essential for both performance reasons and your own safety. The responsibility for proper bolt torque and overall fitment is with the end user. SCUI accepts no responsibility for the use or installation of this competition only suspension kit.

attachment.php

Attachments

• PA250004a.jpg
    PA250004a.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 1,511
There is no minimum, but this will be the least expensive way to get a set and the only way to get one before summer. I don't plan to do another set for quite a while.

I'm thinking of setting the cut off date at Jan 31.

Payments can be sent at any time, $600 via check or MO made out to:

SuperCoupes Unlimited Inc
6277 Scotland St.
Madison, OH 44057

Or if via Paypal send $618 to supercoupesunlimitedinc@gmail.com or mdkracing@windstream.net. No personal payments please.

Dave, I have been stuck between rebuilt the IRS or solid axle. It's getting to late to do solid axle this year so mark me up for a set, I will get the money order out to you. I have Mark 8 Lca's. Thanks, Paul

Payment needs to be you by the 31st correct?

Timing is bad for me with harvest continuing late this year and taxes being due shortly.

Dave, I have been stuck between rebuilt the IRS or solid axle. It's getting to late to do solid axle this year so mark me up for a set, I will get the money order out to you. I have Mark 8 Lca's. Thanks, Paul

Money on the way usps mo.

Got the payment, thanks.

I am going to make Jan 31 the order date. If you can't make full payment by that date, email me to make arrangements.

Dave

Is it possible to purchase other bushings aside from the knuckle ones? For those of us that may want to keep the existing delrin knuckles.

Control arm bushings are available separately as a set as are the knuckle bushings if that is what you need. Cost is $325 for the control arm bushings only.

Dave when you say "eliminates toe link". Does that mean makes it unnecessary, or unable to install?

In order for the toe link to work correctly, you must use a compliant bushing (such as rubber). The whole principle of the toe link is to prevent defection of the front control arm bushing but allow deflection of the rear one. This changes rear toe under cornering loads. However, when you install a solid bushing that does not defect, then the toe link cannot function. The most it can do is bind which would be undesirable and this is why it must be removed when installing non-compliant bushings such as Delrin or this material.

What is the life expectancy of these for a street car with minimal track time??

Thanks
Lee

I feel that they will outlast the car. This bushing material is used in desert racing due to it's extremely low wear properties in the worst possible conditions and the fact that it requires no lubrication.

With street use it's more a matter of safety and the fact that SCUI accepts no responsibility for any possible design safety concern. For example, someone loses control of their vehicle and dies, the liability that could fall on the supplier of parts that modify the handling characteristics of the vehicle. Since these bushings dramatically alter the dynamic response of the suspension, they can only be sold as racing parts for off road use.

Control arm bushings are available separately as a set as are the knuckle bushings if that is what you need. Cost is $325 for the control arm bushings only.
So if you have poly knuckle bushings installed in the knuckles already how much of an improvement would installing the control arm bushings be? Ive got so many small projects here and there going on with my car that it is going to be tough for me to finish them all before summer however, if you think I will see a significant improvement in the wheel hop dept. by installing a set of the control arm bushings I would definitely be in for a set of those.

So if you have poly knuckle bushings installed in the knuckles already how much of an improvement would installing the control arm bushings be? Ive got so many small projects here and there going on with my car that it is going to be tough for me to finish them all before summer however, if you think I will see a significant improvement in the wheel hop dept. by installing a set of the control arm bushings I would definitely be in for a set of those.

Dave, poly bushings aren't going to hold up. Once you take the flex out of the lower bushings, the knuckle bushings will fail. One trip to the strip was all it took with Delrin lowers and poly knuckle bushing for Will Smith and his poly bushings came apart. Poly just isn't a good material for this purpose. On an Auto car that retains the stock lowers or has poly down there, it might be ok.

I've been thinking about offering control arms on an exchange basis to simplify things for people, but don't have the time available right now to make that commitment. Things may change as spring approaches.

My 93 five speed has wheel hop and i absolutely hate it! Will this kit eliminate the hop or is there still some present? I HATE HATE HATE wheel hop! Its not nearly as bad as my cobra but its still bad. The five speed car is bone stock and probably wont ever see more than bolt ons but if i could eliminate wheel hop it would be ALOT more enjoyable.

Back