SCUI Competition IRS suspension bushing kit group order.

My 93 five speed has wheel hop and i absolutely hate it! Will this kit eliminate the hop or is there still some present? I HATE HATE HATE wheel hop! Its not nearly as bad as my cobra but its still bad. The five speed car is bone stock and probably wont ever see more than bolt ons but if i could eliminate wheel hop it would be ALOT more enjoyable.

In my experience, these parts will eliminate wheel hop.

There is no minimum, but this will be the least expensive way to get a set and the only way to get one before summer. I don't plan to do another set for quite a while.

I'm thinking of setting the cut off date at Jan 31.

Payments can be sent at any time, $600 via check or MO made out to:

SuperCoupes Unlimited Inc
6277 Scotland St.
Madison, OH 44057

Or if via Paypal send $618 to supercoupesunlimitedinc@gmail.com or mdkracing@windstream.net. No personal payments please.

Hey guys, please pay close attention to the Paypal instructions above. The total via paypal is $618. Some of you have sent $600 so that needs to be updated. Thanks!

I will be ordering on Friday, so far the list:

Paul Smarsh - Mark VIII arms
Brian Wells - Mark VIII arms
Zach Sullivan - Mark VIII arms
Michael Lehmann - Mark VIII arms
Adam Root - Mark VIII arms
Grant Grothen - SC arms
Stephen Richards - SC arms
David Blackwood - Mark VIII arms

Last edited:
Hey Dave,

Any chance of adding the subframe to body bushings to this batch?

Adam

It's been discussed at length but it's not going to be part of this production run. One of the big factors stopping us from going ahead with this already is the cost fact for the large diameter material needed to make a drop in replacement. It's just more expensive than we felt comfortable marketing.

When we come up with a solution that is cost effective we'll present it. (might be soon, but focusing on this first)

Last edited:
Dave, poly bushings aren't going to hold up. Once you take the flex out of the lower bushings, the knuckle bushings will fail. One trip to the strip was all it took with Delrin lowers and poly knuckle bushing for Will Smith and his poly bushings came apart.

I'm rather late to this party, but David is absolutely correct. One Shootout's worth of track launches completely tore the ears (for lack of a better term) off the poly knuckle bushings, and what was left had worked themselves nearly halfway out. A couple more launches could have seen them leave the car completely, and that's a pretty scary thought.

You couldn't pay me to put poly bushings back in the rear knuckles.

Dave not to highjack your post, but will a new center bracket with new poly center that bolt to the center of
the rear end cap that bolt to the rear end pumpkin and then bolts to the rear end to the frame be of help to you?
I bought this a few years ago, still in the box it came in I think.. Ford stopped making this part a few years ago.

Thanks Randy

Spoke with the machinist today, most of the work is complete but he got backed up on some other big jobs so there is about another 7-10 on order completion. Sorry about the delay, but he's doing the best he can.

Back