Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need Help - Speed Sensitive Steering

Firm ride seams to work just fine. Engages in auto mode under hard acceleration, steering and braking and works fine when forced in FIRM. Its just for some reason the EVO orifice isnt controlling tighter steering. The manual refers to some Star??? tester. Dont know what that is? Would I need it to do the OHM tests

The original STAR testers were just code readers AFAIK. You can buy a modern one for your car for less than $50 these days. Great tool for any SC owner and not that difficult to use.

Code: 52 O,R Power Steering Pressure Switch circuit open

See this page for a full list of codes and details on which are SC-specific [ http://www.njtacc.com/tech/eec_codes.html ]

Thread update... for anyone who cares I finally go the speed sensitive steering back working... It is so awesome to drive her now at highway speed... I am so happy. It turns out when I was changing my fan the other day and searching the fuse box for power my buddy pointed out a female plug unplugged. I thought that was odd and he searched around for a few minutes and found the male end jammed under the battery. Looks like my mechanic never plugged it back in many months ago when I did the timing cover gasket... It only cost me hours of trouble shooting, the cost of a replacement ride control module, replacement of EVO valve and lots of frustration... Wait until I give him an earful...

At least that code 52 was reliable

Quote Originally Posted by KMT View Post
    At least that code 52 was reliable
    Lesson learned... test the voltages first and make sure you have power to the components...

Quote Originally Posted by jjklongisland View Post
    Lesson learned... test the voltages first and make sure you have power to the components...
    Importnant Lesson #1 learned as well...
    Your mechanic, no matter how good, does not like working on these cars and probably does not know as much about them as he thinks either!!

Ira

Quote Originally Posted by Ira R. View Post
    Importnant Lesson #1 learned as well...
    Your mechanic, no matter how good, does not like working on these cars and probably does not know as much about them as he thinks either!!

Ira
    He openly admits he hates working on my car... lol... Unfortunately he is all I got. Its hard to find someone you can trust. Plus unless its a Chevy in his book its just another pile of crap...

Quote Originally Posted by jjklongisland View Post
    He openly admits he hates working on my car... lol... Unfortunately he is all I got. Its hard to find someone you can trust. Plus unless its a Chevy in his book its just another pile of crap...
    You need a new mechanic. The kind of quality of repair with leaving things unplugged and stuffed under the batt show chevy quality work. I say leave him to it, some people will just never learn. Find a Ford guy and you'll b happier

Adam