Server migration is complete

Pat DiPersia

SCCoA Admin
The SCCoA server migration has been completed. At this time, we have only performed stage one of our migration, which was moving to a new server.

To shake out any bugs or other issues, we're going to hold off on the next piece of our work, which was the vBulletin upgrade to version 4. This is when you'll see things "change" on the site in terms of look and feel.

For now, if there are ANY issues that arise, please reply here. If you can't access the site for some reason, email scguys@sccoa.com.

The only KNOWN issue at this time is that you could be redirected back to the old site, where you will get the message that the forums are closed and we are working on them. This is "OK" for now - it should shake out in the next few hours.

Thanks!

Pat...were there some posts from yesterday afternoon..5pm ish...that didn't make it to the new server?

There shouldn't have been any lost. The migration happened around 7:30pm or so, but its our hosting company that does it. Who knows how they do things.

Any guesses on where the posts were so I can go look at the old site?

Well, looks like we definitely lost threads. I have a ticket in with our provider to see what they say.

Unfortunately, we're not going to be able to get those posts back, at least not directly into the forums. I do still have access to the old forums and I can try to get a list of all posts after X:XX PM and get screen shots. People can then re-add their posts and things if they want.

I'm going to poke around and see if I can establish when this went down. Our provider was supposed to start the work at 8:00pm eastern, at which time I was going to close the forums. They started early, didn't tell me, and here we are. . .

OK, so my research is showing we lost SOME posts between 1/19 15:15 and 1/19 20:33. It appears a total of 17 posts were lost. I'm going to do what I can to get print screens or actual text and I'll post them here or something (If I can, I'll put screen shots INTO the threads in case people don't go back and re-type what they originally wrote - if they do, we can always remove the screen shots later.)

Unfortunately, nothing I can do on the attachments. Those will need to be re-attached.

I'll be in touch. Sorry for the inconvenience all.

Im not sure how vbulletin functions but i run a phpbb forum on my own server

Under the admin board you can publish posts under any user in any thread

takes a little time but i would imagine vbulletin should be similar??

Im not sure how vbulletin functions but i run a phpbb forum on my own server

Under the admin board you can publish posts under any user in any thread

takes a little time but i would imagine vbulletin should be similar??

Nah, vB doesn't have that, at least natively. There's mods for it, but since this is the first time in years we had an issue like this. . .

So since all has been quiet after the migration (Short of losing a few threads), we're going to move ahead with upgrading the vBulletin software that runs the forums.

As I noted before in our announcement - you WILL see changes to the site. It WILL look and feel and operate differently. Hopefully all in good ways. Change is good, and we're updating to the latest and greatest since the software we're on is pretty old.

We've worked to make the site appear as close to the old site in terms of graphics, colors, etc. We're open to ideas on how to make things better once we migrate, but there will be a limit to what we can do.

Any questions, please ask. Once I have a date and time set, we'll post it as an announcement. During that time, you'll receive a notice on the page that we're down for the upgrade.

Forums upgrade has been scheduled for Thursday, 1/30/2014 at approximately 8:00pm eastern time. The upgrade will probably last 2-3 hours.

Back