2014 1MTNCAT Rebuild

1MTNCAT

Well as most know the 1MTNCAT went down over a year ago with an engine failure on the STOCK NPI Motor and STOCK PI heads on the lil 4.6L.

The car should be going back together this Spring/Summer with a rebuilt Mark VIII short block, forged internals, High Compression, balanced, .020 over flat top motor with valve reliefs. The shortblock was machined and put together by Mike Rauscher of L & M Engines. It is currently residing in my garage.

To top it will be a set of Foxlake Ported and Polished Stage 2 PI 2V heads and a set of cams that I may custom order. I also have room to grow with a set of TFS 2V heads later if there is a need to upgrade for more flow and power.

The factory Bullitt Intake, TB, Etc will be retained at this point with a newer upgraded set of 42# injectors. That intake may be an option to upgrade at a later time also with something more appropriate.

The JBA shorty headers I've always used will also be going away in favor of a set of 1 3/4" longtubes once I get the rest situated and can pick up a set to work on. They will be connected to my previous 3" X-Pipe and 3" exhaust with the dumps coming underneath the car to the side.

So the old stocker set up is out the window now with the addition of all these up to date newer drivetrain/engine combination parts. I'm still planning to run the car in BOTH All motor NA and NITROUS power adder configuration. Dual threat.

I'm very interested in seeing the results of the built motor, dyno numbers and actual track performance with this set up once its completed this season. The rest of the car is pretty well set up from before for both street and track duty to handle this powertrain.

So now everyone knows what I've been up to. Hopefully coming to a track near you in 2014! ;)

Here's some old video of the stocker 1MTNCAT and some of the other MN12 gang at Cecil in 2011. You'll recognize some of the cars. Special thanks to Trunk Monkey for his editing skills!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmO-CoDLROg

Last edited:
Steve, to post on this site you have to be supercharged.................or at least turbocharged..........................:eek:

Steve, to post on this site you have to be supercharged.................or at least turbocharged..........................:eek:

Oh really?????????? OK then, no more posting for me!! :rolleyes:

I'll just go away............................................ TILL FALL!

Good luck with everything, Sounds like she is going to run. Hope to see you running at Summer Blast, Mabe we will have better luck this year:eek:. I am not going to park by you this time. Paul

Yes, I'm hoping to have it back together by then.

It should be interesting once I get it all together, back in, and tuned.

Hope we can get the track rental stuff done this year and you all can make it back down.

Make sure you let us know the dates and when to send the $

Hope we can get the track rental stuff done this year and you all can make it back down.[/QUOTE]

...great news Steve,I know you'll be happy to have the "old girl" back on the track....good luck.
z

I do not agree...

I have been here longer than dirt and more of my cars are carb and some are na as well. Keep posting and show off your stuff. That is what this is all about.....Rich

I have been here longer than dirt and more of my cars are carb and some are na as well. Keep posting and show off your stuff. That is what this is all about.....Rich

For the record Rich, Steve and I go back a little while, it was an inside joke so take it as such......:rolleyes:

A Liitle more today!

Had some time and got a few things accomplished today. It'll be some time till its completed but its started. :)014.jpg017.jpg020.jpg

Back