A few inches of snow.............

nickleman60

..................paralizes this place. Schools closed, city offices delayed opening till 12 noon but my group are in a Alpha 1 status so we have to come in at regular time. I know that you northerners just laugh at us southerners when it comes to what we do or can't do with a little snow..........:p

Last edited:
don't really laugh that much. It's just life. Northern latitudes have some of the few humans that have clothing and equipment that can deal with -20F temps and +100F temps. We get quite a temperature swing with the seasons.

As far as snow, if you don't have equipment for it, you might as well just let it melt. Easier and cheaper to deal with that way assuming it will melt.

I think our northern states are getting more and more likely to call "snow days" as well. Maybe it's because, instead of industrial workers, we have more computer workers with long commutes. In that case, you might get almost as much done at home. At least for a day or two.

Our 2nd snow event in a week resulted in a total of 9.8", with 20 mph winds drifts were everywhere. This place ia PARALIZED..........:eek:

Having moved from Hampton Roads almost 4 years ago to Sunny So Cal, I feel your pain. It only got to 70 the other day and I had to get out my jeans because it was so cold..

For real though I kind of miss having real seasons. And having been born in Michigan, I really like the snow and was always excited whenever it was in the forecast.

I spent the better part of a mth in Myrtle Beach last yr.

Couldn't resist sending my girls a shot of them sledding on the beach.

The grid lock in some of the southern locales though was over the top.

Back in the day, if I saw white stuff a half inch high.......;)

Paul

Having moved from Hampton Roads almost 4 years ago to Sunny So Cal, I feel your pain. It only got to 70 the other day and I had to get out my jeans because it was so cold..

For real though I kind of miss having real seasons. And having been born in Michigan, I really like the snow and was always excited whenever it was in the forecast.

You probably wouldn't be to excited about the forcast's for snow in Michigan this year because we've been getting hit hard with snow all winter. It's 13 degree's where I'm at in S.E Michigan right now and this is a warm spell.

I watched some news footage from Atlanta today and man...it don't take much snow/ice to bring that city to a standstill. I think we've had like 40" so far this winter and most of the time they close school's it's not for snow but it's for sub 0 temps with wind chill's in the -20 to -40 range.:eek:

Back