vBulletin forum upgrade complete

Pat DiPersia

SCCoA Admin
The forums upgrade is complete. Though not without a few misc bugs and issues.

First, the garage is not yet online. This will be back up shortly (Hopefully within the next day.)

Second, there is an issue when looking at existing threads/posts with the "Edit Post" and "Reply with Quote" buttons at the bottom right of each post. We're looking into this. The buttons work, but the overlay/graphic is screwy.

If you find any other issues (I'm sure we'll have some), please post here so we're not duplicating efforts in multiple threads. Thanks!

Pat,

It looks more familiar than I expected. Once we restore the garage and fix the other quirks you mentioned, I think it will be fine. Is the video insert for YouTube or just something generic ?

David

Pat or Others who know.

Is there a trick to posting pictures ? When I use the insert image tab the picture keeps showing up as a thumbnail, weather the picture was uploaded from my computer or I pasted a link from photobucket. Only way I could get it to show full size image was to type in the old
stuff.

Also the SCCoA logo on upper left does not link back to SCCoA.com it links to these forums.

David

Pat,

It looks more familiar than I expected. Once we restore the garage and fix the other quirks you mentioned, I think it will be fine. Is the video insert for YouTube or just something generic ?

David

What's that about YouTube? You mean that video button in the new post window now? Looks like it supports a variety of different sources (Youtube included.) You can still use the old [youtube] link as well.

Glad so far so good all! Let me know if any other issues arise. Also dealing with a search issue. . .

Pat or Others who know.

Is there a trick to posting pictures ? When I use the insert image tab the picture keeps showing up as a thumbnail, weather the picture was uploaded from my computer or I pasted a link from photobucket. Only way I could get it to show full size image was to type in the old
stuff.

Also the SCCoA logo on upper left does not link back to SCCoA.com it links to these forums.

David

It looks like the image attach button is just that - it attaches the image. It shows a thumbnail, then you can click on the thumnail to get the big image.

I'll see if there's a way to adjust and/or add the link as a button.

Did the SCCoA logo used to go to the "real" home page? Do we care? :)

I'm having issues with the site not remembering my log in information. I tried on 3 different machines and I see to be getting the same error each time, "vBulletin Message

Invalid Redirect URL (http://sccoa.com/forums/)."

The SCCoA logo did go to the actual home page, not the forums. I know some of the stuff is out-dated on the home page, but I'm not sure if there is a better place to put the current/historical stuff that is worth keeping.

OK - SCCoA logo goes back to the homepage now. The plan is to start moving some of that stuff into a content management system so it's easier to work with and update. Hopefully we can also get some members to add content and write-ups.

The broken image links on the quotes/replies is also fixed.

I'm having issues with the site not remembering my log in information. I tried on 3 different machines and I see to be getting the same error each time, "vBulletin Message

Invalid Redirect URL (http://sccoa.com/forums/)."

When do you get this error? When you login or. . .? Can you post a screen shot?

Pat or Others who know.

stuff.

David

I just added an image via a link, but I had to deselect the option to "Retrieve remote file and reference locally". The result used img tags for me. I'd like to see that option be deselected as the default.

Last edited:
I just added an image via a link, but I had to deselect the option to "Retrieve remote file and reference locally". The result used img tags for me. I'd like to see that option be deselected as the default.

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

I just noticed the upload files from your computer option on the insert image tab doesn't do anything when you click the "select files" tab.

David

Ah...right - seems to work as before using the 'basic uploader' button tho. Didn't I see a settings panel where we can choose to link to photos we've uploaded before? edit:: found it

Last edited:
Back