Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: vBulletin forum upgrade complete

Quote Originally Posted by David Neibert View Post
    Pat or Others who know.

Is there a trick to posting pictures ? When I use the insert image tab the picture keeps showing up as a thumbnail, weather the picture was uploaded from my computer or I pasted a link from photobucket. Only way I could get it to show full size image was to type in the old [img] [/img] stuff.

Also the SCCoA logo on upper left does not link back to SCCoA.com it links to these forums.

David
    I just added an image via a link, but I had to deselect the option to "Retrieve remote file and reference locally". The result used img tags for me. I'd like to see that option be deselected as the default.
    Last edited by KMT; 01-31-2014 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat DiPersia View Post
    When do you get this error? When you login or. . .? Can you post a screen shot?
    each time that I log in, it shows that error and will log me out after each time I close the window even after I select "remember me" on the top of the page.

Quote Originally Posted by KMT View Post
    I just added an image via a link, but I had to deselect the option to "Retrieve remote file and reference locally". The result used img tags for me. I'd like to see that option be deselected as the default.
    Thanks, I'll give that a try.

I just noticed the upload files from your computer option on the insert image tab doesn't do anything when you click the "select files" tab.

David
    1991 SC AOD 4.2..2.3 Whipple..........10.910 @ 125.61
    2016 SRT Challenger Hellcat...............707HP/650TQ

My Garage

Ah...right - seems to work as before using the 'basic uploader' button tho. Didn't I see a settings panel where we can choose to link to photos we've uploaded before? edit:: found it
    Last edited by KMT; 02-01-2014 at 12:12 PM. Reason: found it

Pat,

Today I keep seeing this message at the top of the pages.

Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 6845
    David

My Garage

I get email notices to threads I subscribe to, and I'm not sure if anyone else is getting this message:

Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 6845

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [path]/includes/class_core.php:5698) in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4370

Joe
    It's not a 97 Sport, it just looks like one!

Quote Originally Posted by Rodeo Joe View Post
    I get email notices to threads I subscribe to, and I'm not sure if anyone else is getting this message:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [path]/includes/class_core.php:5698) in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4370

Joe
    I just started getting this message this morning when I select the button indicating there are new posts in the thread.
    Kurt K (e-mail)
    SCCoA Member #: 443
    '92 SC AOD -- 11.521s @ 116.748mph, 2.0 AR power
    . . . . . . . . . -- 13.547s @ 101.01 mph, only w/ bolt-ons
    '95 SC 5spd -- All Stock, except 17" Simmons wheels.
    '90 SC 35th Anny 5spd -- 3rd owner, 16k miles
    2 '89 XR7 5spd's -- on their way out, really!

Great job pat.

I get the "Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 6845" error too".
    J.Miller
    1990 XR7 and 1955 F250!

This should be fixed now. We had a back-end update that needed to be performed to the server that caused this issue. The proper update is now in place. Let me know if it continues for anyone.

Working fine now sir! No problems with the email link to this thread.

Joe
    It's not a 97 Sport, it just looks like one!

And finally, search is in order now. The vBulletin search that's included, well, sucks. It takes DAYS to perform the initial index (And kept failing), so we didn't have complete results.

I found and implemented a third-party search solution on the site which took about 10 minutes to index everything we had. It runs every five minutes to index any new data.

Let me know how it works.

Otherwise, I think we're about done with the upgrade and any little issues we've been having.

Pat, I sent you a PM 3 days ago and haven't heard back. I just thought I'd mention it since it says you haven't read it yet. I'm not sure if you've just been too busy or if there is a glitch in the system.

Pat,

I'm still having the same problem with uploading images from my computer.

I just noticed the upload files from your computer option on the insert image tab doesn't do anything when you click the "select files" tab.
    I can click on the basic uploader tab on the lower right and it will allow uploading single files, but if trying to upload multiple files it ends up looking like this.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthre...57#post1059257

David

My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
    Pat, I sent you a PM 3 days ago and haven't heard back. I just thought I'd mention it since it says you haven't read it yet. I'm not sure if you've just been too busy or if there is a glitch in the system.
    I'll have to get back to you. Been a little busy with the board upgrade right now.

Quote Originally Posted by David Neibert View Post
    Pat,

I'm still having the same problem with uploading images from my computer.

I can click on the basic uploader tab on the lower right and it will allow uploading single files, but if trying to upload multiple files it ends up looking like this.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthre...57#post1059257

David

Odd. OK, I'll look into this. Done for today at this point, I'll mess around more during the week with it. Family calls!