vBulletin forum upgrade complete

I get email notices to threads I subscribe to, and I'm not sure if anyone else is getting this message:

Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 6845

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [path]/includes/class_core.php:5698) in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4370

Joe

I get email notices to threads I subscribe to, and I'm not sure if anyone else is getting this message:

Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 6845

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [path]/includes/class_core.php:5698) in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4370

Joe

I just started getting this message this morning when I select the button indicating there are new posts in the thread.

Great job pat.

I get the "Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 6845" error too".

This should be fixed now. We had a back-end update that needed to be performed to the server that caused this issue. The proper update is now in place. Let me know if it continues for anyone.

And finally, search is in order now. The vBulletin search that's included, well, sucks. It takes DAYS to perform the initial index (And kept failing), so we didn't have complete results.

I found and implemented a third-party search solution on the site which took about 10 minutes to index everything we had. It runs every five minutes to index any new data.

Let me know how it works.

Otherwise, I think we're about done with the upgrade and any little issues we've been having.

Pat, I sent you a PM 3 days ago and haven't heard back. I just thought I'd mention it since it says you haven't read it yet. I'm not sure if you've just been too busy or if there is a glitch in the system.

Pat,

I'm still having the same problem with uploading images from my computer.

I just noticed the upload files from your computer option on the insert image tab doesn't do anything when you click the "select files" tab.

I can click on the basic uploader tab on the lower right and it will allow uploading single files, but if trying to upload multiple files it ends up looking like this.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?132449-Pic-test&p=1059257#post1059257

David

Pat, I sent you a PM 3 days ago and haven't heard back. I just thought I'd mention it since it says you haven't read it yet. I'm not sure if you've just been too busy or if there is a glitch in the system.

I'll have to get back to you. Been a little busy with the board upgrade right now.

I had trouble logging in. It rejected my password three times on my laptop, but not on my desktop. I was finally able to log in with the same password, so I have no idea why it would have rejected it even once. All good now though

I'm also having issues with logging in. I've tried on 3 different machines, with 3 different web browsers and 3 different operating systems. It seems that the forum fails to remember my login information and I am required to enter it each time I visit the site. It even happens when I use my mobile device. Not a huge deal, but I never had this issue before.

When I enter my login information, I get an errors saying that there was an invalid redirect. My username is now logged in, but it will not remember my credentials.

I'm also having issues with logging in. I've tried on 3 different machines, with 3 different web browsers and 3 different operating systems. It seems that the forum fails to remember my login information and I am required to enter it each time I visit the site. It even happens when I use my mobile device. Not a huge deal, but I never had this issue before.

When I enter my log in information, I get an errors saying that there was an invalid redirect. My username is now logged in, but it will not remember my credentials.

Yeah....after a few hours of being on one page, I clicked the forum home link and it logged me out. Tried to log in again, and I got the "this is the first of five chances" notice. I tried logging in again lower on the same warning page with the same log in info (already filled in by my firefox browser) and it logged me in. Is it possible we are getting third party cookies now? I have my browser set to reject them.

Yeah, this new version doesn't keep me logged in, even when I check the box asking it to remember me. This isn't the end of the world, but if it would be cool if someone could look into that.

Yeah, this new version doesn't keep me logged in, even when I check the box asking it to remember me. This isn't the end of the world, but if it would be cool if someone could look into that.
It keeps me logged in on 3 separate computers. Maybe clear your cache or possibly cookies:confused:

Okay, I figured it out. If you don't enter a www. before sccoa.com/forums/usercp.php, it triggers an invalid redirect or something. Problem solved. Thanks.

Okay, I figured it out. If you don't enter a www. before sccoa.com/forums/usercp.php, it triggers an invalid redirect or something. Problem solved. Thanks.

Weird, I'll check it out.

For everyone else, clear your Internet cache and cookies to see if that helps. Definitely in the minority of not being able to login/stay logged in from what we're seeing.

It looks like I'm not logged in intially, but I am. If I go to sccoa.com/forums, it shows me as not logged in at the top, but if I click new posts, it loads the page and I am logged in at the top.

With the exception of the Garage portion (which is a real mess) we think that pretty much all of the other bugs/issues have been addressed. Unfortunately the person/company that created the Garage software is nowhere to be found and Pat is trying to find the info elsewhere.

Will update you guys when we know more.

Thanks, David

Back