Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: vBulletin forum upgrade complete

Quote Originally Posted by Pat DiPersia View Post
    I'll have to get back to you. Been a little busy with the board upgrade right now.
    That's fine, I'm not in a rush, I just wanted to make sure you got it considering the upgrade may have broke something.

I had trouble logging in. It rejected my password three times on my laptop, but not on my desktop. I was finally able to log in with the same password, so I have no idea why it would have rejected it even once. All good now though

I'm also having issues with logging in. I've tried on 3 different machines, with 3 different web browsers and 3 different operating systems. It seems that the forum fails to remember my login information and I am required to enter it each time I visit the site. It even happens when I use my mobile device. Not a huge deal, but I never had this issue before.

When I enter my login information, I get an errors saying that there was an invalid redirect. My username is now logged in, but it will not remember my credentials.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by fastsc92 View Post
    I'm also having issues with logging in. I've tried on 3 different machines, with 3 different web browsers and 3 different operating systems. It seems that the forum fails to remember my login information and I am required to enter it each time I visit the site. It even happens when I use my mobile device. Not a huge deal, but I never had this issue before.

When I enter my log in information, I get an errors saying that there was an invalid redirect. My username is now logged in, but it will not remember my credentials.
    Yeah....after a few hours of being on one page, I clicked the forum home link and it logged me out. Tried to log in again, and I got the "this is the first of five chances" notice. I tried logging in again lower on the same warning page with the same log in info (already filled in by my firefox browser) and it logged me in. Is it possible we are getting third party cookies now? I have my browser set to reject them.

Yeah, this new version doesn't keep me logged in, even when I check the box asking it to remember me. This isn't the end of the world, but if it would be cool if someone could look into that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
    Yeah, this new version doesn't keep me logged in, even when I check the box asking it to remember me. This isn't the end of the world, but if it would be cool if someone could look into that.
    It keeps me logged in on 3 separate computers. Maybe clear your cache or possibly cookies
    Kurt K (e-mail)
    SCCoA Member #: 443
    '92 SC AOD -- 11.521s @ 116.748mph, 2.0 AR power
    . . . . . . . . . -- 13.547s @ 101.01 mph, only w/ bolt-ons
    '95 SC 5spd -- All Stock, except 17" Simmons wheels.
    '90 SC 35th Anny 5spd -- 3rd owner, 16k miles
    2 '89 XR7 5spd's -- on their way out, really!

Okay, I figured it out. If you don't enter a www. before sccoa.com/forums/usercp.php, it triggers an invalid redirect or something. Problem solved. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
    Okay, I figured it out. If you don't enter a www. before sccoa.com/forums/usercp.php, it triggers an invalid redirect or something. Problem solved. Thanks.
    Weird, I'll check it out.

For everyone else, clear your Internet cache and cookies to see if that helps. Definitely in the minority of not being able to login/stay logged in from what we're seeing.

It looks like I'm not logged in intially, but I am. If I go to sccoa.com/forums, it shows me as not logged in at the top, but if I click new posts, it loads the page and I am logged in at the top.
    Making woosh sounds since 2010!

With the exception of the Garage portion (which is a real mess) we think that pretty much all of the other bugs/issues have been addressed. Unfortunately the person/company that created the Garage software is nowhere to be found and Pat is trying to find the info elsewhere.

Will update you guys when we know more.

Thanks, David
    1991 SC AOD 4.2..2.3 Whipple..........10.910 @ 125.61
    2016 SRT Challenger Hellcat.............750 rwhp 720 rwtq

My Garage

The issue with getting an error message when trying to upload images to your Garage page, has now been corrected.

David

My Garage

And we're back in business with the garage!

The author/developer has somewhat disappeared, but I had a personal email address for him and kept after him. After a few months of bugging him, he finally went in last night and resolved some of the issues we were having. So all functionality should now be restored!

This is the last version of the garage, unfortunately. There are no other products close to this out there, so we're stuck with it, for now. Hopefully it continues running and we don't have any problems, but now that we're fixed, this guy is probably hanging it up. Hats off to him for one last push to get us straigthened out.

Pat,

This is great news, glad you saved that email address.

David

My Garage