Tuning session with Dave Dalke

nickleman60

I'm looking to see if anyone would be interested in getting tuned by David Dalke, aka XR7Dave, in late March. If so you would have to share the cost of a plane ticket, dyno rental and Dave's fee for tuning. I will lodge and feed him (I won't tell him I'm on a diet....:eek:) so you won't have to worry about that. I need to know within 2 weeks so that I can make plans for a dyno rental and Dave can figure out how much time he'll need to tune everyone's car. If no one is interested then I'm willing to fly him in just to tune my car, after spending 6k on upgrades it's worth it to me.

Last edited:
I guess no one needs a tune................

Is dave only interested in SC cars? You might find some other QH powered vehicles in your area that might like a pro in QH tuning available to tweak their beast. Asking around on a local Mustang sight would give you an indication.

Is dave only interested in SC cars? You might find some other QH powered vehicles in your area that might like a pro in QH tuning available to tweak their beast. Asking around on a local Mustang sight would give you an indication.

I'm not going to advertise to every group around just the SC community. As I mentioned I'm going to have him down to tune my car no matter what, I really don't need anyone else, financially, to make it happen.

Last edited:
I offer SCT as well as BE tuning for anyone with a vehicle supported by either platform. I have the hardware if you need it (chips, QH, X3, etc.) or I can tune your device.

I'll give someone till Weds. to respond to getting tuned then I'm moving forward to make arrangements with Dave to tune my car alone. Once I make those there's no adding you later so don't miss this great opportunity...............

Have you decided when and where you will be getting a tune?

It'll be one of the last 2 Thurs./Fri.'s of March and I want to rent DTP Racing's dyno. I need to know NOW so that I can reserve the dyno and Dave can make his plane reservations and arrangements

I e-mailed Brent at DTP and let him know that I'll be stopping by his shop on this Friday to reserve the dyno on either 3/21 or 3/28.

Last edited:
It'll be one of the last 2 Thurs./Fri.'s of March and I want to rent DTP Racing's dyno. I need to know NOW so that I can reserve the dyno and Dave can make his plane reservations and arrangements

I e-mailed Brent at DTP and let him know that I'll be stopping by his shop on this Friday to reserve the dyno on either 3/21 or 3/28.

The reason I asked was, I may stop by and say hello to you and Dave.
I wish I had a car that need a tune and I'm sure the wife would have issues with me putting her new 2014 2.0l ecoboost Fusion on the Dyno for a tune.

The reason I asked was, I may stop by and say hello to you and Dave.
I wish I had a car that need a tune and I'm sure the wife would have issues with me putting her new 2014 2.0l ecoboost Fusion on the Dyno for a tune.

When I finalized the date in a few days I'll let you know what's up. Driller will be bringing his Mark VIII down so it'll be 2 cars being tuned.

Looks like the date will be Friday 3/21/14 in the afternoon 1:00-5:00. That gives us Friday morning to tweak on the cars/tunes before we hit the dyno.

I was worried about the weather this week but it should be clearing up on Weds. night, then sunny & clear on Thursday and sunny & clear on Friday with a high of 59 degrees. Sounds like good tuning weather..................:D

I was worried about the weather this week ...

LOL... I moved the '96 from underneath the '93 just as it started snowing yesterday evening.

I awoke to a solid 4" snow covering the '96 outside the garage. :eek:

With any luck, it will be melted off the trailer tomorrow. :)

Back