Need a favor from someone local...

jjklongisland

So I am completely out of options at this point trying to figure out why my fan still is not turning on when the car comes to temp. So far I have changed both sending units, IRCM, and computer. Still nothing. My only thought is the IRCM I bought is also a dud. I was wondering if somebody on Long Island with an IRCM in their car would let me come over and just temporarily put it in my car to see if that will work and kick on the fan. My SC is an 89.

Thanks

Joe

Only when I pull the sending unit plug. It sometimes comes on when I put on my A/C but the compressor is low on freon so not all the time. It has to be a failed part that I have already replaced. I was thinking that if the fan came on when I pulled the sending unit plug out than would that eliminate the IRCM? Meaning if the IRCM was not functioning properly would it even give a signal to the computer when the harness is unplugged on the sending unit???

One day my fan just decided it wasn't going to work anymore, I tried changing all the parts, ended up just wiring it onto a switch. still no clue what caused it :(:rolleyes:

Thanks for the text Miller. I think I may have to do the same soon. I was hoping to find the culprit... I am going to change the sender again with a motor craft one. $40 :(

Ircm

If you want I could send you a IRCM to try, if it works we can figure out something at Carlisle, or just give it back then. Let me know

Thanks Rob... I forgot to update the post. Miller bailed me out. He had a spare IRCM and sensor unit. Whats even cooler is he only lives about 2 miles away :D

So as far as the bird, well after I picked up the parts from him this weekend I took his sensor and without even installing it in my car I just plugged in the port and hit it with a small butane torch and the fan kicked on. So now that I know the fan does kick on I feel better. That kind of rules out the IRCM and Computer (I think). So I then decide to burp the system and some air did release. I plugged my plug back into my sensor which was still screwed into my motor and started her up. I used my laser temp gun and pointed it at the tube right next to the sensor. It actually now turns my fan on at 220 degrees and it shuts off at 210 degrees. My gauge is still showing it hotter than I would like it but maybe its just an inaccurate gauge. Next step is to buy a more accurate after market temp gauge so I can monitor it. It would still make me feel better if she ran cooler. Once my factory temp gauge goes past the "O" in Normal, the car becomes very sluggish with a noticeable decrease in power.

Back