New race classes and rules changes for 2014 SC/XR7 Shootout

David Neibert

SCCoA Admin
To better populate the race classes and to reduce the number of delays between classes, the Shootout planning committee has determined it was necessary to reduce the number of classes. The new index classes have a .799 second spread which is .200 second greater than we had in the past couple years. We have also reviewed the ETs ran at past Shootouts to determine where to make these index breaks.

Racing Classes:

1 Mod 1: 13.799 - 13.000 (index 13.000).
2 Mod 2: 12.999 - 12.200 (index 12.200).
3 Pro Street: 12.199 - 11.400 (index 11.400).
4 Elite Street: 11.399 - 10.600 (index 10.600).
5 Outlaw: 10.599 - quicker (no index).
6 Bracket ET: (Dial-In)

Another change for 2014 is a $20 buy back option to continue racing for anyone eliminated in the 1st round of Eliminations from any class. All drivers who buy back into the competition will be added to the Bracket ET class. Those people who do not wish to buy back into the Bracket ET class or were eliminated after the first round, are welcome to join a Test & Tune class at no additional charge. Note: You can not register for Test & Tune, you can only join it after being eliminated from one of the other classes.

Last change: If you are racing on Sunday, you must attend the Driver's meeting Saturday evening after the Awards Banquet.

The SC/XR7 Shootout website linked below, has also been updated to include these changes.

http://www.sc-shootout.com/Officialrules.php

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks, David

Last edited:
Are the classes just heads up racing within a class or are you allowed to put you dial in on the window? It's not fair if you're heads up racing someone who runs 10.60 and you're running 11.39.

Are the classes just heads up racing within a class or are you allowed to put you dial in on the window? It's not fair if you're heads up racing someone who runs 10.60 and you're running 11.39.

No one said life was fair. =lol= You have to draw the line somewhere. Either go as fast as you can and give it your best shot, or sandbag your arse off and run the slower class. Then I get to bitch about running 12.1 while you're running 11.4. ;)

Ira

Keith,

No one likes a wider spread (except the guy running just above the index), but please keep in mind that it's only .200 seconds more than it was in the past. We messed with the numbers for several days trying to find a set of index numbers that were evenly spaced and had good chances of being populated with at least 4 cars per class, and these classes are the best we could come up with. The index break points are not favorable to the car I'm racing this year either, but as you know.....anything can happen on race day.

David

I don't like the bigger spread but it will be nice to get some more competition within the classes. Some/few of them were getting rather slim the last couple years, heads up classes have been declining because most go bracket lately.

The spread is mostly irrelevant so my .02 is don't worry about it either way. If the spread were closer, then in theory it would make it easier to run the index, but it would also reduce the possibility of actually having any competition at all. Personally I don't care about the index. I just want to beat Kurt.

The spread is mostly irrelevant so my .02 is don't worry about it either way. If the spread were closer, then in theory it would make it easier to run the index, but it would also reduce the possibility of actually having any competition at all. Personally I don't care about the index. I just want to beat Kurt.

I agree with Dave, except I just want to beat Ryan:D

Ken

The Elite Street: 11.399 - 10.600 class should be interesting if everyone shows up. Oatway, Neibert, Vinning, Zimmer, Wagner and probably a few others. As long as no one breaks I see Brian being the favorite in that class.

The Elite Street: 11.399 - 10.600 class should be interesting if everyone shows up. Oatway, Neibert, Vinning, Zimmer, Wagner and probably a few others. As long as no one breaks I see Brian being the favorite in that class.

Keith,

I expect Brian to be too quick for that class, and he should be racing in the Big Dog Outlaw class with Kevin, Mike Siska and Robert P. So your car might be the favorite in Elite street if you don't roast the tires trying to launch with too much nitrous.

David

Keith,
I expect Brian to be too quick for that class, and he should be racing in the Big Dog Outlaw class with Kevin, Mike Siska and Robert P. So your car might be the favorite in Elite street if you don't roast the tires trying to launch with too much nitrous.
David

Man...talk about putting the pressure on!!!

I'm just hoping my welding skills hold up.

Oh really????????

Back