Thread: New Guy!

New Guy!

HI, New here. I'm from Chicora pa and I'm in the process of getting a 93 SC white with 117K on it. and was wondering and must of missed it here somewhere looking around for my answer. Will my mustang rims fit? Had an 03 stang. If not, what do I need to do to make them work? Thanks Jeff

Also, is there a list of THINGS TO DO list? Like what the 1st thing you want to do to it. Exhaust? intake? mass air? etc. That would help me a lot on figuring out whats the best thing first and whats a waste of time. Thanks Jeff
    Last edited by gixxerjeff; 03-13-2014 at 03:04 PM.

Good luck with your new car. To answer your question regarding the wheels, No they will not without doing a mustang hub swap. Many people do them to their cars because there are not alot of wheel options for our bolt pattern. There is alot of great information on these boards. If you really want to get the best out of your Supercoupe experience become a supporting member of the club. The guys hear are great and you will also have alot of access to tons of helpful info.

Thanks. anybody else?

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerjeff View Post
    Thanks. anybody else?
    Yes, like JFK mentioned you need to do a hub conversion to 5 X 4.5 bolt pattern which is what is on a Mustang. Fronts are easy, but the rears are a pain. Many have done it though, and now have WAY more wheel options. But you still have to make sure you have the correct offset.

If it is completely stock, your best bet is to open the exhaust and improve the intercooler (double IC is cheapest/easiest). Find out if the head gaskets were ever replaced, if not they are almost guaranteed to blow at some point, especially if you overdrive the blower. But if/ when they do, it is a great opportunity to get a set of ported/polished heads on there along with some other upgrades. Very first thing folks do to a completely stock SC is remove the air silencer under the air filter box. Then move onto a CAI kit. Then bigger maf and tb. Then the mod bug takes full control and it is never ending!
    SCCoA Member# 1786,
    1990 SC, AOD, 193k, Twilight Blue, bought in 1994, 1.7 AR tuned by Dave Dalke
    1994 SC, 4R70W, 139k, Teal Metallic, bought in 2014
    2014/2016 Carlisle 1st Place Winner, 94-95 SCs
    2014 Carlisle SCCOA Doug Fraleigh Best of Show Modified Trophy

Thanks! joenintiesc