Winter is over......what plans do you have for this year?

Ryan A Harris

Seemed like this winter was/is never going end. When I moved back to southern Ontaio from Sudbury, I had thought all that snow was going stay up north.

Looking to see who has plans for trips to the track, or dyno tuning, or just cruising this summer. I hope we can have a few meets this year with a turn out of more than just the usual suspects(not that there is anything wrong with those fellas).

As it seems for me, my plans are still the same as they have been for the year & a half! Get down to one SC. I'm working on getting a trailer to tow my 95 to my house so I can start my SC craziness soon.

March: planning all my work-cant under estimate how BIG this is to my plans actually happening

April: tow car out my house-with both SC's at the same place, more planning! I can see what is coming off what car, what will be kept, what will be sold

May: 3 engines, 2 engine stands....plan to get dirty this month! Engines being pulled, then again more looking & planning. Early & late model cars & engines, not sure what's going in what, yet....

June: leaving this month open so far. I bet I will run into a few snags along the way so, June will catch up month

July: SCCoO BBQ at my house(still working on details with wife & family)

So, what are YOU'RE plans this year?

Good to hear from you, Ryan. Plans ... hmmm, wave goodbye to the mountains of snow. Still 5' tall next to my driveway. Still 2' deep in back yard.
I'm gathering parts still but here is the plan:
Install monster intercooler that I just got. 31" x12" x4". Should keep the car a bit cooler and go faster.
Mount trans cooler and fan.
Install pillar pod and 3 instruments. The trans guage will control the cooler fan.
Relocate battery to trunk (need the space under the hood)
Relocate water meth pump to battery space.
Install PCV catch can.
Fab and install new cold air baffles for the air cleaner.
Change stereo speakers.
etc. etc. etc.
No firm dates or months.
Oh yah ... go to meets and still work for a living.
Alan

Sounds like you guys have the ball roll'n at least eh.
I am looking to take out the original rear seat of my 90 and put in the seat from my 91. That way I will be able to put in a couple of car seats so I can take the family for a few rides this year. I also have some upgrades planned but prolly a long way away from coming together. Since selling my truck I feel a little more free to spend time withe the SC. Also want to finish the audio in the car. I finished the front components last year so need to bring up the rear this year.

Take er easy guys.
Drew

Replace tranny on the 94 w/ one from Dirty dog.

Tear down 89 so I can swap the cam from a 520 lift for a 600 lift cam from Dave D, and adjust valve train

install 5x8 component speakers front/rear in 89

Install sub in 89

These will be done in the next 4 weeks

Future stuff

buy injectors for 94 and get a real tune

new FMIC for the 89

Get a nice radar detector

Bigger intake for 89

Always run in trouble!

As per most of my SC plans, I've hit a snag. It's not a large one, but one non the less. My truck only has a class II hitch, which is only good for 3,500 LBS. now my SC weights more,never adding the trailer. So not only am I going rent/borrow the trailer, now a tow vehicle is required. I'm now trying to figure out what will be the best way for me & my pocket book to get the SC out here. I'm going to call CAA to find out what a flatbed would cost for 65km's. could be cheaper than borrowing a tow vehicle, and then $125 for the trailer I have access too(with a winch!). I sure am glad I'm taking my time to plan everything out, heck I'm even getting slightly excited to be working on these cars again! It's been 7 years! Yes 7 years since I last drove my 95! It's hard to believe I still own it, Ive thought about it selling it all over the years a few times. But I'm not ready to give up, that's not in my nature.

Al, those are some good plans, the IC will be a great addition to your ride.

Drew, too bad about your project truck, but its understandable for sure. Spreading your time so thin, that you have none for anything soon! Getting out in your SC will bring a smile to you, and your kids!

Superdad, you will be a busy man for the next 4 weeks, then some!

So there are just 4 of us with plans?

I forgot to mention:
Remove tree from back yard that was trashed by ice storm.
Rebuild back deck.
Build front porch.
Repair motorcycle.
Stop watching TV.
Alan

I'll make one more attempt to get my car tuned properly so it starts and idles and accelerates properly not like since I got the new engine installed. Don't know who or how, but I'll try. I really don't want to give this car up but either it works properly, or I don't want it. It's in such beautiful shape otherwise but if it doesn't run right, everything else is pretty irrelevant.

Hang in there superbird! sounds like you have a nice SC. Have you posted your problems. Is the car stock or did you change things, inj, maf, cam, etc. Where do you live? Maybe someone from the club will help.

Won't get much for a poorly running sc. You can do it sounds like all the big stuff has been done.

You can get a base tune from xr7dave on a moetes chip!

I can't promise anything..

DD was good enough to spend some time last fall putting a tune together... so installing QH is #1

Al has mentioned that the car sits " like a stage coach" so I should put in the springs

Drop the front facia and install the water system

Re pipe the return system

Clean up the brakes

I'll be lucky if that happens this yr. The car is fun as is so I hate to see it off the road.

The manifold is cut and resigned for the extension.

When it's ready I guess the top comes off and the TVS and 4" intake gets installed as well as the fuel supply upgrades.

Throw on the diff pieces and its pretty solid.

Goes a long way to cleaning up the basement.

Paul

If all goes well, I plan to drive my 89 SC this year after 10 years of trying to get it to run right. DD has been a great help so far fixing TM's mistakes. I am looking forward to "style and power" as well as meeting up again with the SC guys.

I know the 300c is in the high 13's stock, so my target if I can find the time is to break into the 12's with tuning, CAI, 85mm TB, and SRT8 intake manifold. These cars don't take much to gain another 100 horses.... next year will be a cam, porting the heads and setting the car up to run a centrifugal supercharger. A roots style blower on these motors are pointless because the car can already shred the tires right off stock. Its getting the boost to come in at higher rpm's since it can easily go to 7000rpm is what makes the hemi's really shine.

The more I think about it, the more I think running a centrifugal supercharger would have been the better option on my SC. Running the MPX with 25% OD caused the car to make too much power in the low rpm's with the end result being the tires being shredded and losing time at the track trying to modulate the power. Running the MPX with 15% OD still made the car very responsive at lower rpm's and allowed the engine to rev higher and still make power, with the end result of better times. All my testing before I got rid of it proved that.... the MPX was restricted at 25% OD when the motor hit 5500rpm... but by dropping the OD to 15% allowed my to still make good power over 6000rpm.

Ah, to still have an SC to prove more theories for the optimal setup, but now on to bigger power hehehehehehhe.

Fraser

Only small mods this year. Front shocks to rebuild with koni adjustable inserts, that I managed to find last year. A monster oil cooler and filter relocate as always fighting heat at the track,(road course). Also going to convert to a center console handbrake as foot brake lever always digging into left ankle on the twisties!! On that subject, still need 94/95 center console top with handbrake slot for auto and a dead pedal assembly, put the word out please.
Hoping everyone has a great year.
Tony.

A pair out of hibernation ...... a little behind this year. Still a blue '95 to awaken .....

Attachments

• 20140601_065107crop.jpg
    20140601_065107crop.jpg
    388.7 KB · Views: 136
  • 20140601_065242crop.jpg
    20140601_065242crop.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 133
  • 20140601_065358crop.jpg
    20140601_065358crop.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 133
  • 20140601_065427crop.jpg
    20140601_065427crop.jpg
    323.6 KB · Views: 139
  • 20140601_075211crop.jpg
    20140601_075211crop.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 137
Look'n real good there Bruce. Wish mine could leave a little rubber like that lol.
I was actually swallowed by a G8, a Cobra and some Nissan while cruising on the 407 today.
All three were rolling together and actually slowed down beside me. As if eh. I thought after enough edging by all three I would have a laugh. They were the ones laughing though. I should have known better. at that time I was wishing I still had my 91.
Wait for another day I guess haha.
Drew

Back