Test and tune today at Atlanta Dragway.

Mike Puckett

SCCoA Member
I went to test and tune today and made 2 passes. My first was against a 70 something Nova. I ran a 12.332 @ 109.55mph and he ran a 12.666 @ 105.9. Kill #1. On my 2nd pass I lined up against a early 70's Demon with a 440. It was a bit warmer and I ran a 12.487 @ 109.24 against his 13.723 @ 98.96. I love killing big blocks. I ran my new Hoosiers, 26x9x15, for the 1st time and wow, what a difference from the ET Streets. Near instant grip. My 60's were 1.743 and 1.793. They're usually in the 1.8's and 1.9's. It popped off the line without the spin and they were a lot more stable on the top end of the track. The air was bad, it's gonna rain tomorrow, the temps were between 70-78, and I haven't had a chance to retune yet, so I can probably run a little quicker than this. My a/f was about 10.5 at WOT instead of the 11.5 when tuned. The first points race is next Saturday if it doesn't rain.

Mike That's awesome!! Maybe our talk last night gave you some good mojo!!! Gotta love beating a vintage 70's big block!!! See u soon.

Ira, I'm still running the same tranny that I had at the Shootout with the last set of my OEM blockers. I've got another tranny in the basement with the new blockers ready to go in when this one starts to crunch but I'm hoping it'll last me the rest of the year. I've reset my shift light to 5500rpm down from 6000 and I've stopped missing shifts.

Ira, I'm still running the same tranny that I had at the Shootout with the last set of my OEM blockers. I've got another tranny in the basement with the new blockers ready to go in when this one starts to crunch but I'm hoping it'll last me the rest of the year. I've reset my shift light to 5500rpm down from 6000 and I've stopped missing shifts.

Very nice results.

Ira

So what major engine work have you done? Im hoping to run 12s In an sc swapped mustang with cam, mpx, fmic, lt headers and 25% od.

Back