Nokian ZLine tires?

I've heard of them before, and they seem to have good reviews, but I don't have any first hand experience with them. What size tires are you looking to run?

255/40-19.

Trying to decide between the Nokian mounted/balanced/shipped for $234/tire (not including rim price)

Or Summitomo HTR Z III for $173/tire shipped and then whatever it would cost to mount/balance separately...

I know we been through this before on another thread but not a fan of sumitomo and never heard of the other. For a performance tire I get no grip with the sumitomo which is weird because I heard they wear quickly which generally means soft. I dont ever put enough miles on a car to wear tires out. They generally dry rot before I get em bald

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokian_Tyres

Well they need to update this as they currently make automobile tires. Seems they bene around awhile and are reputable. May be worth a shot but seem costly. Id just seriously stay away from thw Sumitomos!

Damon, I certainly respect your opinion and any real world feedback anyone might offer. It's just hard to reconcile the bad reviews you give the Sumitomo against the overwhelming positive reviews on Tirerack. Just to verify, we are both talking about the Z III's, and not the Z II's or Z I's, correct?

There are 820 4-5 star ratings given compared to 65 1-3 star ratings...

I will also not be putting too many miles on the new tires either, and when it gets cold I will swap the stock wheel/tire combo back on...

I never ran the HTRZ3, but I had the HTRZ2. It was a decent tire for the money with good dry traction, good wear, and not much noise, but they were completely useless in the rain. Personally, my favorite tire that I have run is the Nitto NT05, but they don't make it in that size.

For $234 a tire you can get into a pretty good name tire. If cost is that big of an issue stay with a stock rim size and put a better tire on it. Then again I prefer performance over function.

Don't forget, $234 is not just the price of the tire, it's the price of a 19 tire mounted, balanced, and shipped.

Don't forget, $234 is not just the price of the tire, it's the price of a 19 tire mounted, balanced, and shipped.

For $234 a tire you should be able to find something local, spending money locally and have a place you can go to when you need "warranty" work. Wether it is a weight that fell off or a flat tire. What is mounting and balancing now days $15 a tire?

For $234 a tire you should be able to find something local, spending money locally and have a place you can go to when you need "warranty" work. Wether it is a weight that fell off or a flat tire. What is mounting and balancing now days $15 a tire?

The reason people buy from Tirerack or DiscountTireDirect these days is because it ends up being a lot cheaper (even with paying a place to mount and balance) then buying everything locally. Also, the bigger the tire the more expensive it will be. Places around me charge $20-25 to mount and balance. The place I'm looking at for tire/wheel package is The Custom Wheel Shop, which is run by a member/advertiser here on SCCOA, and one of the very few places that actually carries a variety of rims specifically for our cars. I really don't have an issue buying from someone in the SCCOA family.

I drove a BMW with the Kumho Ecsta LE Sport, and I was very unimpressed with them. They were noisy, and really did not have much grip considering the treadwear rating. The Hankook Ventus V12 a buddy of mine had on his Mazda RX8, and that thing would hook a corner like no other car I've ever been in. I don't know how much of that was the tires and how much was the car itself, but of all the ones you have mentioned so far, I would go with the Hankooks.

I drove a BMW with the Kumho Ecsta LE Sport, and I was very unimpressed with them. They were noisy, and really did not have much grip considering the treadwear rating. The Hankook Ventus V12 a buddy of mine had on his Mazda RX8, and that thing would hook a corner like no other car I've ever been in. I don't know how much of that was the tires and how much was the car itself, but of all the ones you have mentioned so far, I would go with the Hankooks.

Yeah, I like Hankook too. I have winter and summer Hankooks on my 09 Fusion, and winter on my 07 Hyundai SF. They seem to be well rated on Tirerack, but then as I read through the actual reviews there seem to be a lot of complaints...

The Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 is what I have on my Fusion, not that its such a good comparison...

FTW: Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110? 255/40-19. Going on 19X8 wheels.

$755 shipped from DTD. A very nice offer from a buddy to mount/balance free at his shop.

Nokian - Tires are Top Notch state of the art high quality tires from Finland! They make some of the best and/or the best snow tires on the planet! They also are leaders in there performance All Season and Summer performance tire lines! Cant go wrong there AWESOME ! :D

Well, it's a bit late now - like I mentioned a year ago I went with the Hankook Ventus V12... It was great to have a buddy who works for American Tire and got me free mounting and balancing! :D;) Next time I would like to check out the Nokians.

I'm assuming you will be putting Nokians on your new wheels? :rolleyes:

Hankook Ventus V12 evo k110?

These are the tires I'm using on both my SCs. Look good and leave nice dark tire marks when you do a burnout.

attachment.php

David

Nokian Tires

Yes i am probably putting 245/45R18 Nokian Zline Performance Summer Tires, I am just torn between going 245 all the way around or 245/45R18 up front and 275/40R18 in rear, i dont want any rubbing issues especially once lower it 1 1/2' - 2"

Anyone have feedback on this ? 18X9, 5-4.25, +36MM, 70.80HB will be going on the car!

Nokian Tires

If i am able to do staggered sizes without any clearance issue an decide to go that route then cant put the Nokian Zline they don't make the rears in the staggared size that i would need. So leaning towards 245/45R18 all around.

Back