'95Cougar_XR-7 AVOID Ian

1994blkbirdsc

Ian wanted a Mint Dashboard, I tell him I have 2 but 1 is sold waiting on pickup, the other was sale pending but no deposit yet. Ian offers me 120 for the pending dashboard, Paypal's me 50 percent deposit, 50 percent upon pickup, well cool right ?? This is in mid February.

Well I receive a text from him the other day saying " hey I found another dashpad, refund my deposit " ???

Not only did he cost me a sale on the item he wants his $$$ back for stringing me along for a month and a half !!!!!

Proceed with caution with this guy, he will put a deposit down, cost you a sale and then wants his money back. For the record I refunded only half the initial deposit.

AVOID him at all costs unless the item is small and shippable !!!!!!!

Ian wanted a Mint Dashboard, I tell him I have 2 but 1 is sold waiting on pickup, the other was sale pending but no deposit yet. Ian offers me 120 for the pending dashboard, Paypal's me 50 percent deposit, 50 percent upon pickup, well cool right ?? This is in mid February.

Well I receive a text from him the other day saying " hey I found another dashpad, refund my deposit " ???

Not only did he cost me a sale on the item he wants his $$$ back for stringing me along for a month and a half !!!!!

Proceed with caution with this guy, he will put a deposit down, cost you a sale and then wants his money back. For the record I refunded only half the initial deposit.

AVOID him at all costs unless the item is small and shippable !!!!!!!

Let me clear this one up, what he neglected to mention is he lives in Florida and I live in Virginia, I had arranged to go down, but lucked out and found one 10 minutes away at my local pick-n-pull, so I pulled it. I figure I saved about $600 in fuel costs to go down from VA to the far western panhandle of Florida. Plus risking it breaking all the way back. I was respectful and apologized to Angelo for the inconvenience, and he had not completely lost out on the sale. Of course I deserved my money back because he had my money, I had no product, so a refund was in order. Ask any number of people on TCCOA or SCCOA, even nickleman60 here, if I am buying something I pay for it, this was just one of those situations where backing out of the purchase was justifiable.

Proof that I found one locally:
image_zpsf0df64a4.jpg

Again I apologize to Angelo for the inconvenience, but I'm sure most of you would have done the same when choosing between wear and tear on a vehicle+16 hour travel time+ $600 in gas, plus risking damage on the return trip vs. $60 at pick-n-pull and $5 in fuel. You all can decide for yourselves. I just dealt with Miller1995 on a clutch pedal, ask him how good a buyer I am. Sorry, just had to clarify and clear this one up.

Although this is history and long forgotten let me make a few points here.

I had your $$, NO SIR, you sent me a deposit to hold the item for you.
I failed to tell you I lived in the Florida Panhandle ? NO SIR, You were going to pick it up on your way to Louisiana passing right through here, REMEMBER THAT ??

I still have all the text and Pm's saved, should I post them just as a reminder for you to get the whole story straight ??

Leave it alone, its history. :cool:

Back