Part # for IC Tube studs

007_SuperCoupe

I have an air leak on my lower intercooler tube where it mates with the intake, (to intake manifold). Got to looking at it close tonight and tried to tighten the nut on the lower part of the IC Tube. The nut keeps spinning 'round and 'round! No tightening at all! Anyone have the part # for one of these studs & nuts?? Any help would be appreciated!

When I'm back at work tomorrow I'll check if Ford has a service part number available for those ...

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

Ford hardware # for those nuts is N801248-S36. They are discontinued however ... so your local dealer might have to search the network to find some for you, there are dealers out there still showing them in their inventory.

cheers
Ed N.

Thanks for the info, but I don't just need the nut. I also need the stud. The threads are actually stripped out so I cannot get the IC tube sealed properly. The dealership here says that there is not a seperate part # for the studs. Is this right? I may not know much about parts on the civilian market, but I work supply for the Army and if it is a part, there is a part # for it of some sort. Please help! My car is starting to get very rough idling. Thanks.

On a related issue, sometime before I purchased this car (3rd owner), the heads were replaced but seemingly not everything was put back together properly. I found that both IC tube mounting bolts were missing when I resealed the upper 1/2 of my engine. Could these mounting bolts be playing a roll in my IC tube loosening. I ask, because it is not the first time the IC tubes have come loose.

Thanks,
Sam Malone

You should at least put back the supporting bolt on the lower tube. The weight of the IC can cause a lot of issues with the tubes if they are not supported to the motor. The tubes are the only thing holding up the IC!

The studs are really nothing special. I used some stainless steel bolts and cut off the heads when I re-did my car. Used stainless acorn nuts for looks.

You should be able to find a long enough bolt or threaded rod to use a replacement stud. Just cut to length and use two nuts locked together to screw it back in the IC. You can also lock-tite in the hole. I believe the studs are M8 sized, but will try and remember to check when I get home.

On the classified want ads you might also be able to buy some used one. They do have the nice male torx on the end to assist in installing them. If you have the thread size and length, you might even be able to find a fasterner place that sells a similar stud.

Yes, the studs are M8, and the number is not serviced separately by Ford ... in the listing for the inlet piece, they do list a number for them, but don't sell them, as is the case with a lot of the hardware :mad:

As George said, good qualit generic hardware could be used in it's place.

cheers
Ed N.

Back