injector question

plstktnkr2

SCCoA Member
I wanted to get 42 lb injectors, and found a set of Cobra injectors (39 lb) will I be able to use these with the stock blower (m-90) and the factory computer setup with proper tune (impedence (sp) ) may be an issue

Last edited:
late model or early model blower? if its a late model you might get some results with that injector but that is only two sizes above a stock late model injector,so I doubt it.If its an early model blower 89-93 then that injector would be overkill you would never be able to produce enough air to make use of that injector,I am speaking of course assuming your all stock.in either case you would need a tune. Don't forget bigger injectors does not equal more horsepower.

Pretty sure the impedance is fine. They should work, as long as the connectors are the proper style. The only thing I can think of that you might want to check is the spray pattern. Some injectors fit but have different patterns, though I think those ones will be fine. As long as you tune it properly, it should be okay.

Needing them? Another question.

late model or early model blower? if its a late model you might get some results with that injector but that is only two sizes above a stock late model injector,so I doubt it.If its an early model blower 89-93 then that injector would be overkill you would never be able to produce enough air to make use of that injector,I am speaking of course assuming your all stock.in either case you would need a tune. Don't forget bigger injectors does not equal more horsepower.

This is a 4.25 liter motor from 1989 it is a m90 not a later MDX, intake is being modded to push more air than stock
Rick

Rod,
That was a cool clip. They r set to shoot fuel at each valve. I had no idea they did that. That's a whole new wrinkle when it comes to injector sourcing/swapping

Thanks

Adam

Back