18" ADR Kasai's for sale

I'm thrilled with the look, but even more thrilled with how much nicer (smoother) the car is around town and at higher speeds ( my old tires were seriously SHOT and out of balance!). I also thought the heavier chrome wheels would hurt the stoplight acceleration, but (probably because the new Falkens have better grip than those old disfigured tires) the car seems to pull better from a dime...win/win. Now just have to get to those rear toe link compensators or whatever they're called, and then everything will be pretty solid all around. The wheels make me want to work on perfecting the car again...:)

The new wheels look great on your SC. Are those the 18x9” Saleen Speedstar's Brad (custom wheel shop) is selling? What size tire's are you running?

Last edited:
Hey Jimmy, been ages since I've seen you around (granted I've not been on here much the last few years, as i was back 'in the day')...thanks for the kind words.

They are from Brad's wheel website. They are actually 18"x9", and I went with Falken 245/45 all around. I originally wanted to go with 275/40 in the rear, but man, the price went up exponentially - Falken didn't have that size, at least from Discount Tire Co.and I would've had to pick a Bridgestone or BFG or similar brand - and I couldn't justify the extra almost $250 (!) difference with my budget, and I was honestly expecting the rears to look a little shallow in the wheel well with the 245/45s, but they are just about perfect, they are almost exactly flush with the well (due to the 9" rims I suppose) so the 275/40's may have stuck out a little too much for my liking.

I've had to let a few things go on the car due to other life priorities the last few years, feels good to start getting back to the car's needs again...

Thanks for the information Dan. I'm considering buying either 18x9” Cobra R's or Saleen Speedstars from Brad but couldn’t make up my mind although I think it's going to be chrome Cobra R's. I've also been on the fence about rear tire size as in 245-45 vs 275-40. I think you helped me make up my mind on tire size. Happy SC'ing and glad to see you back.:D

Last edited:
You're welcome Jimmy, can't go wrong with the R's, both wheels look similar from afar and are aesthetically just about perfect for the car.

I also have a thing for the ADR Kasai's in chrome, I know a few people have them on their cars and I love the look, but I couldn't track down anyone selling them in chrome at present. Anyhoo, post us all some pics when you pull the trigger on those Cobra rs. :)

Dan,
The car looks fantastic with the speed stars. The price of the tires for 18" is a lot more expensive as they consider that size performance specific. One of the main reasons I let the ADR's go on the 93 when it sold. Driving 100 miles a day makes performance tires wear out quickly. Hope to see it in person soon.
Glenn

Back