Nmcbchief breaks 400hp and then some!

\Very nice. Plenty of torque, get the belt tensioned correctly (belt stretch probably lead to the tensioner bottoming out thus the belt loosing tension) and the power should come up with that much torque.

He also has a 3.25 pulley on the car right now so he is prob around 5% od. He has n02 aswell but didnt even spray it, alot more left in this one friends!

Once he gets the 3" pulley back on and mp springs in I'd say he will be pushing 500 he peaked at 4700 that's nothing with his cam

Last edited:
Stock fuel lines #60s and 93 octane no methanol and never went over 11.8afr the monster fmic he built with an na radiator/ mark viii fans works awesome

Last edited:
Stock fuel lines #60s and 93 octane no methanol and never went over 11.8afr the monster fmic he built with an na radiator/ mark viii fans works awesome

did he do any data logging on that? At that power level 60's should work but I have to wonder if it won't limit him getting higher once the belt slip is mastered. Depending on how fueling is going he also may be short of capacity for any N02 usage.

No he forgot the laptop and we couldn't use mine to log it because we run different strategy files do to it being a 89

Seems like this might be the year where we go from big dogs to Ultra big dogs. look forward to seeing his final numbers

Ken

did he do any data logging on that? At that power level 60's should work but I have to wonder if it won't limit him getting higher once the belt slip is mastered. Depending on how fueling is going he also may be short of capacity for any N02 usage.

He has already used the nitrous while logging. The 65 zex dry kit did exactly what it was supposed to and afr was fine at wot.

Stock crank 10% js

I had the same size pulleys on mine (back when I had a 1.7 AR with 3.8 motor) with a 3.25" blower pulley and when I tried using a 3.00 blower pulley it actually lost about 25 rwhp off the peak power because I was spinning the blower too fast. I would stay with the pulleys sizes he has now and concentrate on fixing the belt slip issue.

David

Back