No crank no start help

Thanks S Mazza, will do just that, if the seal sits perfectly on the new damper than I'll just go ahead and install it

Is there a procedure to installing the crank sensor? I noticed that the bolt holes are elongated so I assume it's adjustable, how much gap is allowed between the sensor and the balancer ring? I looked in my chilton manual and it had no info on that. Also, will the timing have been affected when the balancer broke? Should I reset the timing also before I attempt to start the engine after installing the new damper?

If I dust off the cobwebs because it has been awhile, I believe we used to use a paper match book cover both half's, so yank all the matches out. There is a number for this somewhere whereby you can use a feeler gauge but there is not much room in there. The match book cover works.

Regards
Les

Is there a procedure to installing the crank sensor? I noticed that the bolt holes are elongated so I assume it's adjustable, how much gap is allowed between the sensor and the balancer ring? I looked in my chilton manual and it had no info on that. Also, will the timing have been affected when the balancer broke? Should I reset the timing also before I attempt to start the engine after installing the new damper?

I don't think the timing can be affected at all. The crank sensor should be adjusted so that the vanes are roughly centered between the plastic parts of the sensor.

Woohoo car starts and kinda runs again, Thanks for all the help!..... But now it starts and runs but won't hold an idle, you need to keep revs above 1000rpm or if you release the throttle it just turns off, but no problem restarting it. It didn't do this before the damper broke, just started when I got the car running today. I did remove all the pipes for the supercharger side only to replace the nuts to the intercooler and hat. Could I have not seated the pipes correctly and causing a vacuum leak, even though I don't hear any leaks, I have no check engine lights and plan to scan it tomorrow. When I turn the key on (engine off),the shift light doesn't turn off but it doesn't blink either, anyone with some suggestions

Sounds like a vacuum leak. Check anything you removed to do with the supercharger and inter cooler tubes. Make sure your seals are air tight. When there are no leaks your boost gauge at idle should be sitting around 15-20lbs vacuum.

Back